C Drive Space Keeps Filling Up (1 Viewer)

Anthem

Please help cos it's really pissing me off. My C drive keeps filling up - I have tried everything from scans and installing Bullguard free 60 day trial anti virus software. I managed to free up to over 1 GB yesterday but when I turn PC on again the friggin thing tells me I am running low on space. Everything! and that includes freeing up space manually by clicking into properties and using the free disk space function. I have even gone to the trouble of deleting a dozen cd's worth of music which worked temporarily but inevitably the same thing occurs. any suggestions ? - I am not very computer savvy so if anyone out there could provide me with easy to follow instructions it would be much appreciated. I am using Vista. P>s Ia hev also used Malware, Spyware, Superspyware scans- nothing seems to work !!!

Cheers.

run the disk cleanup wizard. download and run ccleaner.
when was your system last patched? some patches (especially if it's a service pack) need gooter loads of temporary space to install.
is your C drive the only partition on that drive? if not, and you've space on D, you can use easeus partition manager to shrink the d partition and enlarge C into that space.

Cheers folks - thanks for all those tips, I like the advice from magicbas' about partition manager with my D drive as I have tons of space on that. I will; get back to you and let ye know how I got on.

I'd be wary of shrinking your D partition...mad things can happen when you do that I believe......its set that size for a reason....I would advise googling before you go ahead.....

I'd be wary of shrinking your D partition...mad things can happen when you do that I believe......its set that size for a reason....I would advise googling before you go ahead.....

Cheers bud - will check that out.

it's system restore thats most likely doing this. turn system restore off. it's a common problem with vista that they fixed in windows 7

you can lose everything if it screws up... did it once on an old 120GB drive and I WAS THAT SOLDIER

I TOLE YA'S!

I left D drive well alone as I figured like you say that space is there for a reason. I give you maximum rep for that ;-) !! I used cc cleaner and disabled my system restore and voila everything is great again. Now I can rip back those cd's again. Here's hoping.

Nice one dude..yeah system restore is a bollix,I just make sure I have all my important preferences and that saved elsewhere in case I need to do a reinstall....

So how exactly do I turn off my system restore? I'm having the same problem and It's driving me up the bleedin wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back