Buying a debs dress in A-ware (2 Viewers)

Dara said:
I was taken out of school at 14 due to persistant and systematic bullying. My mother home-schooled me, which was great (free lunches, no walk to school, small class numbers).

It got weird when debs time came about. Me and my Dad rented tuxedos from blacktie and went for a meal with my Mam and my cousin Aoife (16) in the Montrose Hotel. Me and my da got up early the next morning and got the bus to Bewleys on grafton street.

Dara do you want to have our own debs night out? i think if we get decked out in tux's from blacktie and head down to Wesley we should pick up some hotties

JohnnyRaz said:
this kildare/newbridge your talking about? Ever venture as far as manleys/spakles in portarlington?
Jesus. Times were hard

I've only ventured through portarlington in a motor vehicle at high speed.

Scariest nightclub experience to-date was new year's eve in Bailieboro. It was like the sixth (I think? could be seventh too) circle of hell. The one with the desert of fire and rivers of boiling blood. I hear some places in leitrim are pretty great for a bit of terrifying out-of-control violence too.

Dara said:
I was taken out of school at 14 due to persistant and systematic bullying. My mother home-schooled me, which was great (free lunches, no walk to school, small class numbers).

It got weird when debs time came about. Me and my Dad rented tuxedos from blacktie and went for a meal with my Mam and my cousin Aoife (16) in the Montrose Hotel. Me and my da got up early the next morning and got the bus to Bewleys on grafton street.

did yourself and your da wreck the jax in the montrose afterward? That was always a feature of midland schools debs. It was a point of honour to get your school banned from whatever hotel your were in. One of the clearest memories of my debs is any dark area away from the dancefloor being covered with broken glass

kirstie said:
that's lovely! What are you gonna wear with it shoe wise? I recommend something V high and painful.

Are girls still wearing mini-wedding dresses to debsesesesese then? I thought that had all gone by the wayside and dressing like a sluh was in?

Im getting a pair of really high black shiny peep toe shoes. I seen a pair yesterday im going to go back and get them, they'll probaly cost more than the fecking dress. Yeah girls still wear those big pavlova type things with tiearas and stuff.

mine was a floor length black velvet medieval type nightmare that I had made for me. I don't know what I was thinking. Obviously just goth type things.

minka said:
i think there were two mini-wedding-dresses at my debs, one sported by the girl who had dressed exactly like her mother since she was about twelve, and one by the class scary woman who had managed to go from a skinhead to foofy blonde curls over the course of the summer.

mine was a wine shiny ballet-length thing from laura ashley (it was the eighties, i knew no better).

roxy said:
I've a cousin with the same name as you. Though his is MAloney.

Really fiercely good banjo playa.

He was in The Ticket once. Or, indeed, twice. I think.

Ah yeah.

ah yeah, someone texted me a while back to say i was in the ticket with a different face
he's a completely different Darren!

i prefer Georgie

kirstie said:
mine was a floor length black velvet medieval type nightmare that I had made for me. I don't know what I was thinking. Obviously just goth type things.

green.jpg

kirstie said:
i've only ever been to one debs. not my school one, they were pricks. the one i went to was livened up by one plump girl who arrived dressed as a viking. full-on metal bra and stupid hat and all. the thing is, she carried it off with aplomb. she was one of those people who has no end to their nonchalant self-confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back