Buying a debs dress in A-ware (1 Viewer)

Were going to the arklow bay hotel, why I dont know so fucking far away from Enniscorthy. My friends sister passed out at hers last year all she remembers is getting on the bus, next thing she knows shes sitting in a cleaning storage area with two bouncers and the hotel manager shouting at her that shed have to leave, her white dress was covered in dirt and sick.

Bellatrix said:
Probably The Red Cow Inn where I had my debs.

Worst ever.

Wow. I had a shady business meeting there once. Surrounded by middle-aged salesmen, Fords parked outside, a lot of hard miles visible on both the cars and their faces. Glum central.

ICUH8N said:
Wow. I had a shady business meeting there once. Surrounded by middle-aged salesmen, Fords parked outside, a lot of hard miles visible on both the cars and their faces. Glum central.

Throw in 200 pouffy dresses, a vat of barf and some homoerotica and the picture is complete.

that's lovely! What are you gonna wear with it shoe wise? I recommend something V high and painful.

Are girls still wearing mini-wedding dresses to debsesesesese then? I thought that had all gone by the wayside and dressing like a sluh was in?

Roisin said:
debsdress.jpg

I didn't go to mine either. I did bump into a girl who I was in school with at the weekend. She left in 5th year and one of our former classmates spent the next 10 years stalking her, until he found god last year and apparently turned up on her parents' doorstep bearing lettuce and fruit by way of apology. I gather neither was accepted.

I was taken out of school at 14 due to persistant and systematic bullying. My mother home-schooled me, which was great (free lunches, no walk to school, small class numbers).

It got weird when debs time came about. Me and my Dad rented tuxedos from blacktie and went for a meal with my Mam and my cousin Aoife (16) in the Montrose Hotel. Me and my da got up early the next morning and got the bus to Bewleys on grafton street.

Dara said:
I was taken out of school at 14 due to persistant and systematic bullying. My mother home-schooled me, which was great (free lunches, no walk to school, small class numbers).

It got weird when debs time came about. Me and my Dad rented tuxedos from blacktie and went for a meal with my Mam and my cousin Aoife (16) in the Montrose Hotel. Me and my da got up early the next morning and got the bus to Bewleys on grafton street.

Jesus wept.

when i made me debs [over 16 years ago] white fru fru dresses were in as were boys who looked like patrick swayze. i bought a dress in roches [but not yer debs kind] which was black velvet and styled on a long tailed tuxedo jacket, short in front long in back. my beau for the night was a doe eyed pale skinned floppy fringed fancy and we made a grand entrance. we made heads turn. honest to jazsus. john hughes couldn't have written a better night for me...unless i wore pink

enjoy yourself, bring a safety pin and think only of self preservation

ICUH8N said:
We had our christmas party there last year.

The entertainment consisted of a nordie comedian telling mother in law jokes, an Elvis impersonator who did not look, sound or dance like elvis and finally Smokie finished off the night.

Yes that's right THE Smokie. In the red cow. That's a night I'll never forget.

kirstie said:
that's lovely! What are you gonna wear with it shoe wise? I recommend something V high and painful.

Are girls still wearing mini-wedding dresses to debsesesesese then? I thought that had all gone by the wayside and dressing like a sluh was in?

i think there were two mini-wedding-dresses at my debs, one sported by the girl who had dressed exactly like her mother since she was about twelve, and one by the class scary woman who had managed to go from a skinhead to foofy blonde curls over the course of the summer.

mine was a wine shiny ballet-length thing from laura ashley (it was the eighties, i knew no better).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back