Buy nothing Day (1 Viewer)

yis better not come leggin it in to stephens green again while im workin, you might scare away potential customers or block me on the way to BUYING my lunch......hippie

There was a report on Buy Nothing Day in yesterdays Irish Independent entitled ......well I can`t remember exactly but something like: "Shoppers Take The Day Off" with quotes from the "organisers" about how it should become a major event here.

Sounded like a load of bollocks.

I haven't heard much about it, there's a poster in college though. At least we'll still be able to buy the SWP paper on the day though, those thick fuckers.

thats not pozi

Jeez
Its what u make it guys. What, it's not right on to be anti-consumerist? Nice one!bog
Anyways we're doing a food not bombs thingy again so it yis are hungry or maybe even want to lend a hand...
Me and John are heading to get free veggies an all on Friday at 5ish, giz a call anyone if u wanna help.
I'm getting leftover bread from Superquinn in Blackrock I think so It'll prolly be sandwiches again or maybe even soup... But then there's that problem of how to serve it...
argh

I agree that Buy Nothing Day is what you make of it.

The article in the paper was a load of bollocks though. It was like: sleep in on saturday and don`t do your crimbo shopping because it`s Buy Nothing Day; you should wait until next weekend.

Well, I'm not going to wait around for everyone else to tell me when to have a Buy Nothing Day. I bought absolutely nothing today, only 2 bus journeys (I paid for my 2 easy the day before). I plan on buying absolutely nothing this weekend either, preferring instead to do some old-fashioned studying (which the rest of you should do too, as this is almost exclusively a college-punx board over the weekdays) I then plan on buying things like groceries and maybe even a luxury item on Monday; then with any luck, back to the protest on Tuesday. I hope to carry out these protests for the rest of my life, although I reserve judgement on which days of the week or month they'll be on.

Wish me luck!

Good luck Oly!

Well, I'm going to the very opposite, I'll get hold of all my food and toys and whatever I can get my greedy hands on withOUT having to pay for them. Oh no, actually I won't, I'll be in Roscommon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back