bulgaria's abandoned children (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
on bbc 3 right now. im at the point of tears, it's so sad - compelling viewing all the same. anyone else watching it? i'm going to krai. those poor kids. :(

Yeah that documentary was very sad. Beeb 4 I think it was on. The kids are just treated like shit, they aren't fed properly and not helped with their various problems. Some are blind, some deaf, some autistic etc.

on bbc 3 right now. im at the point of tears, it's so sad - compelling viewing all the same. anyone else watching it? i'm going to krai. those poor kids. :(

Watched it when it was first shown a couple of months back (see the documentary thread). Very powerful film. Who'd a thunk there are still such pockets of inhumanity in modern Europe?
It was very sad to see the mildly autistic girl descend into a vegetative state without proper nurturing-never mind the babies who were chewing their own fingers off.
Chilling.

Yeah I have a couple of gaffs near one of these kids' homes. Terrible for the ol' appreciation, I can tell you. They didn't put that in the brochure. Thank you very much, Polaris World!

Watched it when it was first shown a couple of months back (see the documentary thread). Very powerful film. Who'd a thunk there are still such pockets of inhumanity in modern Europe?
It was very sad to see the mildly autistic girl descend into a vegetative state without proper nurturing-never mind the babies who were chewing their own fingers off.
Chilling.

oops, i missed it in the docu thread - but i did see after when i was looking at news updates on the doc's website that it had originally been shown a few months prior. in general the stories were really sad but yes, seeing DiDi descend into that rocking back and forth mode, cradling the false hope her mother would come and get her was awful. and little Stoyan who would stay motionless if the carer stopped leading him through the room - and Vasky - oh my god. couldnt believe she was 18. luckily, it seems that the cogs have begun turning in favour of teh children's wellbeing since the documentary first aired - at least judging by the website anyway. There's now UNICEF and medical involvement at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back