BUILD YOUR OWN DRONE (1 Viewer)

Not tomorrow. Won't know what I'm doing at the weekend til then.
PM me when you know when you're around and we'll work something out.

HELL YEAH!!!!!! Got this thing working on the first go :) Still need to check the input though. Remember that cap and resistor you siad were close together Oootini? What are they a part of coz it definitely looks like they're touching but everything seems ok. If they're part of the input though I may have a problem later :)

Also, yeah 8 hours or so seems to be the construction time.

One done, didn't really time this one but it's around 5/6 hours which isn't bad considering I had to change out 14 resistors after mixing up the colours yellow and orange. All seems to be working first time.

Is the clock tick supposed to come through the amp or is that a mistake on my part?

sometimes it bleeds comes through when the distortion is up full whack..i had some success drving it from an external sample of a 1hz square wave with an amplitude of 1 with the end of the wave muted

apparently the duty cycle of the clock needs to be 50%, which i didn't have last night. i'll try again later.

is it dodgy to be sending a sound like that through my soundcard? would that blow my speakers if i accidentally unmuted the send?

My ears hurt, this thing goes really well with a fuzz factory, especially when the fuzz is set to self oscillate. Also had it running through a russian muff and vtbass. So many wierd and wonderful noises going on and with the tremolo you can get some cool rhythm patterns going too.

I'm still a bit lost on making nice synthy drones but for noise it's fucking great.

tune a couple of oscillators together and slowly detune them? but yeah, it's way better noisy!

It just sounds dull to my ears. Did you get your input to work? Can you plug any instrument into it if so mine's doesn't seem to work.

yeah. c5 is labelled wrong. you need to flip it. check the drone lab forum.

i dunno. i think you can get a fairly nice timbre out of it. tune some high and others an octave (or thereabouts) lower. play with the volumes of the oscillators too. ie don't have em all to 11...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back