BUILD YOUR OWN DRONE (1 Viewer)

flux-capacitor.jpeg

i later news, mine actually did work. i blew the capacitor by connecting the wrong polarity and then connecting the right polarity. tried it on the battery power later on adn 2 out 4 channels work properly. have started cleaning up the dry joints.

moose, you were mentioning small amp projects you'd seen. linketh??

i later news, mine actually did work. i blew the capacitor by connecting the wrong polarity and then connecting the right polarity. tried it on the battery power later on adn 2 out 4 channels work properly. have started cleaning up the dry joints.

Nice one for getting it working! Was playing mine for a while last night. Loadsa fun drones in that thing.

think this was the amp Moose mentioned....

http://runoffgroove.com/ruby.html

2 out of 4 channels eh?

The ruby is the one I mentioned alright. I think I have most of the parts needed for it.

bummer. at least you can get some bitching 4'33 action out of it though.

presume you've tried reheating all the joints yeah?

Definitely worth trying this out. Good soldering technique is essential for these sorta things. This thread was kind of an anti climax, I was hoping to see everyone come up with all sortsa crazy cases for theirs and stuff. Mine's still stitting there naked as the day it was made. Any suggestions for a casing are welcome. You were lucky you ordered the auld perspex cover Ooooootini!

I've two working here now, must get HMDs to him asap. Was using mine as a bass effect last night in lew of my preamp which has gone for a spin somewhere. Some nice light overdrive right through to fairly full on synthy fuzz depending on filter settings not exactly a replacement for a pre but definitely workable. The drones themselves take on a whole new life when put though a decent rig too, think we'll be throughing a few bits into the band sets for a laugh.

i had to pack up all my stuff cos herself is studying in the spare room so i haven't had much of a go off it since i built it.

initially i was kind of bummed that i couldn't get the sync going properly, although i think this doesn't bother me so much now. the last time i was messing with it i had it grooving well enough with a drum beat using the master clock led as a kind of ghetto beat match/tempo thang.

chut, i saw someone that made a cover for it using carboard that looked pretty good. why not glue a pdf of the lid onto a bit of pvc and drill it out? you could peel off the pdf then...

Yeah I saw that and thought it looked lovely. Think at this stage something like that would be the easiest and cheapest solution. It's such a fun and useful machine though I'd love to make up something more sturdy so I could use it for gigs

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back