Broadband Question (1 Viewer)

Bunny

I'm about to switch from Smart telecom broadband to NTL coz Smart is absolute shite, and their going out of business. Does anyone here use NTL? If so do torrent sites/downloading from torrent clients work with NTL? Just coz I heard Clearwire doesn't allow torrent downloading which is shite in a bag, and I don't want that.

yes, yes, yes

don't use torrents much but have before. NTL is deadly.

Yeah NTL is great. Always fast and reliable.

Would you not give Broadbent a try though?
009a.jpg

I'm about to switch from Smart telecom broadband to NTL coz Smart is absolute shite, and their going out of business.

I use Smart, and I find the service great. 4mb line, never had any problems, cheap landline calls. And far from going out of business, they've started expanding recently. Since the messy situation with eircom last year (where there was a possibility of their going out of business) they've pulled back to a core broadband business, and seem to be doing well (e.g. €235m worth of corporate contracts anounced this month, with SAP and GCC).

So why do you think they're rubbish; and where did you hear that they were going out of business?

A guy who's a web designer told me that various phone companies were buying up their lines and that it was inevitable that they were going bust. Our service was good with them for the first 6 months but since their announced finacial trouble our service has gone to shite completely. Not even 1mb broadband. And we're supposedly on 3mb broadband. I'm living in the city centre too so its not like we're being ignored out in the sticks either.

I use Smart, and I find the service great. 4mb line, never had any problems, cheap landline calls. And far from going out of business, they've started expanding recently. Since the messy situation with eircom last year (where there was a possibility of their going out of business) they've pulled back to a core broadband business, and seem to be doing well (e.g. €235m worth of corporate contracts anounced this month, with SAP and GCC).

So why do you think they're rubbish; and where did you hear that they were going out of business?

thinking of getting eircom, what do people think of them?

I can't get NTL on my street and I live in East Wall, how weird is that?

Smart is a bit of a gamble - some areas can be patchy - but I have had no problems at all. And when I have had problems have found their phone support to be fine, and their support forums very attentive. So I am a happy camper - but I have heard complaints from other people in other areas... Essentially, if you live near one of their exchanges I would take the risk, as price-wise they are unbeatable for the service they provide.

If you have to go for eircom, choose BT instead - same product resold at a discount.

Smart is a bit of a gamble - some areas can be patchy - but I have had no problems at all. And when I have had problems have found their phone support to be fine, and their support forums very attentive. So I am a happy camper - but I have heard complaints from other people in other areas... Essentially, if you live near one of their exchanges I would take the risk, as price-wise they are unbeatable for the service they provide.

If you have to go for eircom, choose BT instead - same product resold at a discount.

Or utv, great customer service, very knowledgeable techs and no wait either....

Hi Bunny,

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with your Smart broadband connection.
I would welcom the chance to rectify the situation before you move to NTL.

On some of the points you raised, I would like to provide some clarifications.

1. Smart are far from going out of business.
They have recently secured an investment totalling €90 million. This is available for public consumption on the Smart Telecom website.
As the kind individual pointed out, we have for a number of months, been securing many new corporate and government accounts, however I would like to clarify the value of the SAP account and GCC should state €235K and not €235m.
2. I can catagorically confirm that Smart has never sold a single line to another operator.
3. Regarding the service degrading since the difficult period, I can confirm that this has to be coincindental as the infrastructure providing the service has never been maxed out and we can prove that.
There has been no modification to the core infrastructure during the past 18 months.

I firmly believe that if you are experiencing difficulties, it is due to a local fault and, as per earlier, would welcome the chance to work with you to resolve it.

If you want to email me your CLI (Number) I will have it investigated immediately.

[email protected]

Regards

Roly

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back