BRIGHT EYES (+ 11-piece band) - Whelan's this Sat (1 Viewer)

no psychotic, us muppets are paid with pittens. A t-shirt with my good self on it would be asking for too much.

boo-hoo.....

Re: Re: BRIGHT EYES (+ 11-piece band) - Whelan's this Sat

Originally posted by ronan
THE GOOD LIFE stink.
like a really, really poor man's bright eyes or a bad Cure cover band. still, i'd like them to prove me wrong on Saturday.

AZURE RAY, on the other hand, sound deadly. like really nice Mazzy Star or Low.

really lookin forward to this gig buh'

are you giddin'?

The good life were very good and azure ray actually completely stank. I still have my suspicions about whether they actually played. And the emotion on yer wan's face when she sang, jaysus, i told she was gonna pop out a shit at any second. And d'other wan and her sweet 'thank-you', and 'you can buy our new crap cd at the back'. BULLSIT!

Bright eyes were good, even though, conor seemed totally out of it.

Re: Re: Re: BRIGHT EYES (+ 11-piece band) - Whelan's this Sat

Originally posted by enchance
are you giddin'?

The good life were very good and azure ray actually completely stank. I still have my suspicions about whether they actually played. And the emotion on yer wan's face when she sang, jaysus, i told she was gonna pop out a shit at any second. And d'other wan and her sweet 'thank-you', and 'you can buy our new crap cd at the back'. BULLSIT!

Bright eyes were good, even though, conor seemed totally out of it.

yeah, azure ray were far too deadpan for my liking.
quite quite boring. still, that new cd is very good.

the good life were just a loada shite though. no fuckin songs whatsoever. indie schmindie bollix. blah

bright eyes was disappointing. the band took away from the intensity of his songs. i think i prefer him on his own. some songs did sound deadly though (namely Centre of the Earth and whatever that last one is on 'lifted' ).
yeah, and Oberst seemed to be offa his face.

Re: Re: Re: Re: BRIGHT EYES (+ 11-piece band) - Whelan's this Sat

Originally posted by ronan
bright eyes was disappointing. the band took away from the intensity of his songs. i think i prefer him on his own. some songs did sound deadly though (namely Centre of the Earth and whatever that last one is on 'lifted' ).
yeah, and Oberst seemed to be offa his face.

I thought it was disappointing too. I don't know whether it was the band or what but he just seemed very disinterested (which could have stemmed from him being off his face:)).
Then, so many great songs, so few actually played.
I thought On A String sounded brilliant with all the musicians but maybe they did take a bit from the intensity. They too seemed a little too cool for school and Oberst's 'prologue' performance was much more compelling than the rest of the show with the band I thought.
Ah well, his nipples were showing when he took off his jumper. Did(dy) anyone else see that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back