brideshead revisited (1 Viewer)

smallbrownbear

santa brought BR this year and it made nice christmas viewing. but for me it really dragged once sebastian makes off. apparently they are making a film of it that will concentrate more on the romance between charles and sebastians sister.

:heart::heart: for brideshead. we just finished watching it a few weeks back. i sort of agree that it got a little less amusing once sebastian left, but i think cordelia, and mr samgrass, and bridey (and loads others) all keep it interesting. i read the book at the beginning of the summer (great!) and i didn't really find that problem with the book.

the film makes me a little wary, but andrew davies did the screenplay and emma thompson is lady marchmain so it can't be all that bad? maybe.

i read it for the first time there a few days ago. it was all a bit gloomy wasn't it? not even helped by me picturing them all as having james spader's head on them..

my tv highlight of the year after The Wire!

a quick search for film info brings up a blog entry saying Andrew Davies left Aloysius Bear out of his script but the producers put him back in. It also says Davies did the first few drafts but was then replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back