BREXIT (2 Viewers)

Or else we just have the ability to be exposed to stupidity in a way that wasn't possible in the last decade or two?
Twenty years ago a moon landing conspiracy theorist probably knew a handful of like minded people. Now they have online communities which bolster them.

yeah - for sure. Like twitter is basically designed so that the stupidest fucking thing anyone says gets elevated to the front page every day. I look at things like sitting in a taxi*, hearing a rant about refugees that is also about the mainstream media that is also about big pharma, that is also about communism and all told has the finest thread of reality known to mankind holding it all up.

It's pretty much like walking into a room, and a toddler who is only new to talking and thinking is sitting there with a broken cup or something, and they are blaming the teddy bear and the cat and buzz lightyear for breaking it because these are the readily available visible objects.

It's not just 'righties' either. Its just a lot of fucking people looking for an easy narrative that makes their lifestyle ethical in a completely unethical lifestyle.

*it's a proverbial taxi

I was at a gathering at the weekend and was talking to people who are dealing with conspiracy theorists in their family. Made me realise I've only had 2nd or 3rd hand experience of this, or even just read that these people are "out there".
It sounded like an absolute nightmare to have some in your own family, stinking up family get-togethers and generally binging everyone down. I felt so sorry for the people dealing with this shit.

It sounded like an absolute nightmare to have some in your own family, stinking up family get-togethers and generally binging everyone down. I felt so sorry for the people dealing with this shit.

Yeah i've a good mate who has a family memeber who went full facebook wormhole for covid. They had to sneak to get vaccines because it was gonna be such a fucking drama if they found out.

We had an offer to go west with my parents in law next week. My wife is going, I'm not; not that he's a conspiracy theorist, but I couldn't spend that much time in my FIL's company. He's incredibly reactionary, and totally un-self-aware about how hypocritical his arguments can be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back