BREXIT (1 Viewer)

This isn't from recent news, but apparently someone I know was a couple of years ahead of Farage in school. The story as he tells it is that staff threatened a mass resignation because they didn't like this guy at all.

"In 1981, an English teacher who had not met the 17-year-old Farage, Chloe Deakin, wrote to the headmaster of Dulwich College, David Emms, asking him to reconsider his decision to appoint Farage as a prefect, citing concerns expressed by others over Farage's alleged 'fascist' views. Emms rejected those concerns, as did the College's deputy headmaster, Terry Walsh, who said later that Farage "was well-known for provoking people, especially left-wing English teachers who had no sense of humour". Farage later stated: "Any accusation [that] I was ever involved in far right politics is utterly untrue."[36]"

Woke people in the 80's.

Btw, cycling through the grounds of Dulwich College is lovely and a really handy commuting short-cut. Cars have to pay.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

GRktugbaYAALB4N

Will be interesting to see what happens in NI there seems to be a Naomi Long verses Gavin Robinson in east Belfast you would think Donaldson being before the courts today could hardly help Robinson.

Em. Fuck the tories.

It'd be something if I said that I'd heard that more lately than I'd ever heard before. But that wouldn't be true. People have been saying it for years. All the time.

But there's not even a fissile atmosphere in the air. I think that's potentially dangerous. Let's see what happens.

As I was walking to the polling station, four Apache helicopters flew overhead.

Chinooks are pretty much a daily occurrence, but Apaches are rare. And I've never seen four at the same time. Today of all days, funny that.

I voted for a no hope candidate (within the FPTP system), but the incumbent got over 80% of the vote last time. We'll see.

Also, any EEA passport is valid ID, I'm sure that wasn't the case last time I voted.

As I was walking to the polling station, four Apache helicopters flew overhead.

Chinooks are pretty much a daily occurrence, but Apaches are rare. And I've never seen four at the same time. Today of all days, funny that.

I voted for a no hope candidate (within the FPTP system), but the incumbent got over 80% of the vote last time. We'll see.

Also, any EEA passport is valid ID, I'm sure that wasn't the case last time I voted.

is it still pen and paper in the UK, or is there some automated or digital tomfoolery?

it's only saving grace is that the counts come in quickly.
but it's a silly, archaic system really.

/critique of Englandness:

The plebs can't be trusted to make a considered decision. The plebs who count the votes can't be trusted with anything other than the simplest task. The betters make the real decisions. Many of the plebs seem indoctrinated or quite happy with this arrangement. They know no better after all. And there's a middle England full of middle managers of middling intelligence looking after their own unimaginative interests, with slightly above average incomes. Because they're being shafted by those above them as well and don't know or care. Or they do realise and they're terrified.

This is what I've seen over and over. Even people much higher up in their field have experienced it because of their accent/skin tone/gender/address/schooling.

That's all a very simplistic way of putting it of course

critique of Englandness/

discuss

/critique of Englandness:

The plebs can't be trusted to make a considered decision. The plebs who count the votes can't be trusted with anything other than the simplest task. The betters make the real decisions. Many of the plebs seem indoctrinated or quite happy with this arrangement. They know no better after all. And there's a middle England full of middle managers of middling intelligence looking after their own unimaginative interests, with slightly above average incomes. Because they're being shafted by those above them as well and don't know or care. Or they do realise and they're terrified.

This is what I've seen over and over. Even people much higher up in their field have experienced it because of their accent/skin tone/gender/address/schooling.

That's all a very simplistic way of putting it of course

critique of Englandness/

discuss

paging @Deadmanposting

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back