Break-ups (2 Viewers)

...I am?!

uh, I don't think I want to live in a world where cynical emotional ship wrecks like me are right...

another great break up album

Prefab-Sprout-Steve-Mcqueen_280__80025099746633622_20.jpg

Ah, no, you are, though. I think the only reason I'm not cynical is because I get it all out, and then it's gone. I still wear my heart on my sleeve, and it's always getting squashed, and I'm always a-okay afterward. And then I go and impetuously get it squashed again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

But I would rather be heartbroken than cynical.

So really, you're right.

Dumpee= 'The way young lovers do' Van morrison

Dumper= 'The man that got away', Gerswhin.

I'm with pantone. Drinking, dark rooms, and lots of Low and early ray charles. I loved break ups; they're one of the few perfectly viable excuses for self indulgent melodrama. And walking alone in the snow at midnight. PAAARRP!, sniff.

I get on great with all my exes. Except,of course, the dead ones. No fixing their beefs, tellin yeh.

Seeing a former lover being happy with someone else when you're still not over the breakup is the worst
I think its one of the worst feelings ever, your heart sinking and that slightly sick feeling.

Its easy enough to avoid them in public, but then your inner stalker is looking at their myspace comments and thinking, "he never fucking brought me there" or "I'm fucking better than her".

Ugh...

ARE MORE OF A HINDERANCE THAN ANYTHING ELSE... THERE'S ALWAYS PAIN AND ANGER AND SORROW AND LACK OF SEX IN THE NEAR FUTURE. BUT THEN AGAIN... YOU DON'T HAVE TO TRY AND ROLL YOUR EYES WITHOUT THEM SEEIN YA... WHEN THEY'VE GOTTEN EXCITED ABOUT SOMETHING YOU HATE.

CHIN UP. GET ON THE PHONE TO THE MATES AND GET SOCIAL. DO THE THINGS YOU WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN AWAY WITH WHILE IN YOUR "DATESTATE". AND GROW A MOUSTACHE FOR THE KIDS.

ALLAHQUAAANNNNDUMPED!!!!

I felt lost after dumping someone, despite practically loathing them for the last 2 months. He was such a head fuck, he made me think i was always in the wrong, always being hysterical. but it just took one friend to come forward tell me i was sane before i finally broke up with him, over the phone. .|..|

there should be some kind of rehabilitation break up. "I am breaking up with you for the next two months" "grand" and you's can enjoy each others company less and less and... wait shit idea.

despite how whenever i get asked, and i do often, about him i say something spiteful and change the subject, i don't think i'm over him, not yet anyway. well i'm over HIM but not the relationship itself. i still can't even bring myself to talk about it. you really feel sad when you're in large groups of people and you just wish one would give you attention. maybe i should take this to the gin and tonic thread. :eek:

I felt lost after dumping someone, despite practically loathing them for the last 2 months. He was such a head fuck, he made me think i was always in the wrong, always being hysterical. but it just took one friend to come forward tell me i was sane before i finally broke up with him, over the phone. .|..|​

there should be some kind of rehabilitation break up. "I am breaking up with you for the next two months" "grand" and you's can enjoy each others company less and less and... wait shit idea.​

despite how whenever i get asked, and i do often, about him i say something spiteful and change the subject, i don't think i'm over him, not yet anyway. well i'm over HIM but not the relationship itself. i still can't even bring myself to talk about it. you really feel sad when you're in large groups of people and you just wish one would give you attention. maybe i should take this to the gin and tonic thread. :eek:

But I bet you have more money now days? I'll just never forget " i should have asked michelle for money" I was like, you fucker.

Any thoughts, advice, stories?

er, lean heavily on friends, and while staying the hell away from the dumper/dumpee, do whatever the hell might make you feel better.

as for music, i was extra pissed off that the suitable end to a car crash of a relationship came during the brief period in which i was listening to razorlight and trying to see if my instinctive aversion was right. i still get a bit emotionally wibbly whenever i hear anything off their first album, which probably serves me right.

I've been both.

Be honest with each other. Don't try and rekindle a dead spark as prolonging things is horrible.

In some ways getting over being dumped is worse than getting over someone's death.

Agreed wholeheartedly, especially when you had no idea it was coming and you have no power to change anything to do with the situation.

Seeing a former lover being happy with someone else when you're still not over the breakup is the worst

Not looking forward to that AT ALL.

Theweeyin, listen to Bruce. He makes everything better.

Anyway, you might be really in a bad way now, but it will get easier. I promise. Even if it gets harder first, it's all part of the process of getting better. Scout's honour. I swear it. Thumped loves you.

No, you're right. I guess I'm just confusing the Nico-Lenny-weep-a-thon with getting better faster. But you're absolutely right. I'm changing my order for the airlift. It's gonna be all Chelsea Girl and So Long, Marianne.

Man, oh, man, I had an Ozzy album as one of my breakup albums once. A long, long time ago. Couldn't listen to it again for ages, and now I hear it and I crack up, and I give Teen Jane a little hug because, oh, how pathetic was that whole period! I cried so much I'm surprised I still have eyes.

Good god I love you Jane. Especially because your last sentence made me laugh out loud.

The staying friends thing only really lasts until one or other of you gets a new partner.

I think you can only become good friends (if its gonna happen) when you are in a stable relationship with someone else and are sure that all feelings have been well and truely worked out.

Get back the nudie pics BEFORE dumping them.

Or if you're the dumpee make sure you have secret copies of the nudie pics.
:eek: Uh ho...

Watch out for the powerful reckless urge to do harm to strangers.

(All the kids at school)

I think its one of the worst feelings ever, your heart sinking and that slightly sick feeling.

Its easy enough to avoid them in public, but then your inner stalker is looking at their myspace comments and thinking, "he never fucking brought me there" or "I'm fucking better than her".

Ugh...

You are so right, roisin.

ARE MORE OF A HINDERANCE THAN ANYTHING ELSE... THERE'S ALWAYS PAIN AND ANGER AND SORROW AND LACK OF SEX IN THE NEAR FUTURE. BUT THEN AGAIN... YOU DON'T HAVE TO TRY AND ROLL YOUR EYES WITHOUT THEM SEEIN YA... WHEN THEY'VE GOTTEN EXCITED ABOUT SOMETHING YOU HATE.

CHIN UP. GET ON THE PHONE TO THE MATES AND GET SOCIAL. DO THE THINGS YOU WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN AWAY WITH WHILE IN YOUR "DATESTATE". AND GROW A MOUSTACHE FOR THE KIDS.

ALLAHQUAAANNNNDUMPED!!!!

Thanks Osama. PS: If I EVER being to grow a moustache I expect to also grow a penis so I can have ALL the benefits of being a man.

both of which were covered by jeff buckley....

Jeff Buckley *cries*

Thanks guys. I don't really know how I feel. Still very numb and shocked I suppose. It came totally out of the blue and all happened so fast so there are lots of practical details I need to sort out but once they're all sorted I think I might break into bits. I'm not usually the dumpee you see and it's growse. I'd have liked it better if we had been arguing for months beforehand but I totally thought things were ok. Blind or what eh? Fuxake! Why do people need to have relationships?!?!?!?!

there is no such thing as a good break-up, they are all unplesant to varing degrees.
being the dumper makes you feel awful, being the dumpee makes you feel awful.
they are a headfuck as well, but then relationships are the most difficult things in world (a fact which people often dont like to acknowledge: when they are good there intoxicatingly wonderful, but when they are bad they can be soul-crushingly so)...
being single can be a very healing thing.

there is no such thing as a good break-up, they are all unplesant to varing degrees.
being the dumper makes you feel awful, being the dumpee makes you feel awful.
they are a headfuck as well, but then relationships are the most difficult things in world...

But although they can be difficult at times, putting a little effort in makes the whole thing worthwhile. No one can ever expect it to be easy, however long the 'honeymoon' period lasts, but you can't just run away when things get tough without trying anything else first. That's just stupid. Unless of course you didnt love the person and were desperately looking for a way out anyway. Pricks.

But although they can be difficult at times, putting a little effort in makes the whole thing worthwhile. No one can ever expect it to be easy, however long the 'honeymoon' period lasts, but you can't just run away when things get tough without trying anything else first. That's just stupid. Unless of course you didnt love the person and were desperately looking for a way out anyway. Pricks.

aye, but its very very painful to keep trying to make it work when it just isn't, and falling out of love isn't an easy thing, really. one can only hope that there is as little animosity as possible.

all the best to you,
-rock lobster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back