Break-ups (5 Viewers)

I suppose that depends on if they let you.
Followed quickly by the 'will they go crazy on you after' ratio.

Good answer but I meant should one have sex with their friends. I suppose your answer will work for that too.

Jeeze, give it a month at least ...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fucking hell, i'd forgotten about how truly awful that song was. What was that song they had that was good* again from a few years ago?

*well, it sounded like a good frames song

I'm with you Jill. It's not even the headaches that bother me, its just the boredom. Emotional limitations...

Here, hold on missus, if all your relationships are two weeks long then how in god's name do you know anything about about the 'boredom' and 'emotional limitations' of long-term relationships?

I'm talking about the boredom and emotional limitations of short term relationships, so I can only imagine the crippling, self-deprecating and general hatred causing horror that comes from long term ones! Plus the two week rule is more than likely a reaction to those long-term, month spanning relationships. A MONTH!

Ah Jonah, some day you will fall in love

and it will make a FOOL out of you.

You gotta know when to hold 'em,know when to fold 'em.

Good answer but I meant should one have sex with their friends. I suppose your answer will work for that too.

I'd say generally it's a very bad idea.
They are an actual person in your head so it's hard to be cold (for a lack of a better word) then lines get blurred and people get hurt.
It might be easier if you were a girl, as men, stereotypically wouldn't cause too much drama.
I'd say girls would claim they are okay with it but deep down, they're probably not.
I think the 'friends with benefits' only applies to those who are married and cheating or among people who are both commitment phobic.
Even then, it'd probably end badly.
Yeah so, no. Don't fuck your friends if you want to remain friends.

I'm talking about the boredom and emotional limitations of short term relationships, so I can only imagine the crippling, self-deprecating and general hatred causing horror that comes from long term ones! Plus the two week rule is more than likely a reaction to those long-term, month spanning relationships. A MONTH!

You are dating the wrong people. If you're sick of them after two weeks they shouldn't have made it to a second date.

You gotta know when to hold 'em,know when to fold 'em.

More importantly, know when to walk away and know when to run.

Also, is it really so important to have a "boyfriend" or "girlfriend", ok, once sex is in the picture there should probably be some level of committment, but what's so wrong with just dating people or not dating them, without having to have the labels (and drama) attached?

Also, is it really so important to have a "boyfriend" or "girlfriend", ok, once sex is in the picture there should probably be some level of committment, but what's so wrong with just dating people or not dating them, without having to have the labels (and drama) attached?

i think most of the labelling and drama systems in action are inspired by television and film...wheres that disney/relational aspirations pic these days - long term relationships are more reflective of what version of their parents they experienced, or whatever guardian types they assume to be 'right'. so basically if you can envisage a mashed up version of your 1980's parents and scot and charlene, learnoardo de caprio as romeo and juliet, whoever is in eastenders, brookie, sex and the city and whatever else it is people watch and surmise it with loads of lads thinking thier john mc clean and thinking that if they fight thier way through a nightclub then then on the other side there will be a comforting cop and designer family then you start getting a close approximation of how the whole dating game works. personally untill i can bring a woman to 1955 and return to an ideal bungalow a toyota hilux in the garage then i will have failed at relationships, all against a backdrop of two storey houses outside athenry with neighbours dropping in speaking irish.

Unfortunately, people don't make it this easy. I really wish they did but everything is so damn loaded with meaning. I've lost the will to even care anymore because it takes too much effort. My free time and friends come before everything else and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Case in point, met someone recently and we got on well. A week and a half later I was referred to as a 'girlfriend' when meeting some of they're friends.... umm, what? In what world does that happen? Work takes up so much time, so after there are only so many hours. I have three groups of friends that I like to see on a semi-regular basis. Two of which, I at least like to see one night out of each week. Plus I like my unwind time and the ability to write an keep in touch with people from home. Then there are things like gigs, hobbies and exercise to enter in... when it comes down to it my actual spare time is scarce. So when some suddenly demands more of my time right away and I need to start checking if it's okay if I decide to do something... that's my exit sign. I'm too set in my ways and I hate fighting and long drawn out talks about 'where is this going' because it goes where it goes. After a week holiday with freinds, I took a day to myself to relax. I love my freinds and had a fantastic time away but a week in an apartment together and it's normal for anyone to be glad to be home in their own bed. I got drama from it when I returned...which equals in my book... this will never work, see you around. I figure either I'm just not a people person or I haven't meet the 'right' person. At this stage of the game, I'm going with the former. Can I have my dog now?

That's quite the reply for someone who has the lost the will to care anymore

JUST SAYIN'.

Jill Hives's response brings to mind a phrase I've been hearing a lot lately "Work/Life Balance", only its more like Relationship/Life Balance.

I lost the patience for high-maintenance friendships or relationships a long time ago, if I ever had it.

I've found a state of constant cheerful misery is a good 'balance'. As for friends they're all pricks who bailed on me tonight so fuck them.

Guys, I presumed I'd be ok in a few years... I'm starting to feel a bit decrepit due to this thread and I haven't even broken up with anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back