boyish thread warning!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Offside is 10 yards from a lineout. For a ruck the offside line for each team is thee hindmost foot of their last player in the ruck. For a scrum the offside line is again the hindmost foot except for the scrum half for whom the offside line is a line through the ball.

A player is also offside if he is in front of a player from his own team who last played the ball.

Ah yes. That's all very well. But, whats the difference between a Ruck and a Maul?

Ah yes. That's all very well. But, whats the difference between a Ruck and a Maul?

A ruck is two opponents (on their feet) contesting for a ball on the ground. A maul requires 3 people, the ball caarrier a teammate and an opponent and in the case of a maul the ball is not on the ground.

I dare anyone to find a point of law in rugby I can't answer.

A ruck is two opponents (on their feet) contesting for a ball on the ground. A maul requires 3 people, the ball caarrier a teammate and an opponent and in the case of a maul the ball is not on the ground.

Ha ha ha. Very good.
Jesus man. How much do I miss Rugby living in the US.
I have to do media black outs on BBC.co.uk, and get my old man to send me over DVDs.

Strung out so I am.

An explanation I once read was:
When the ball is on the ground it's called a ruck. When the ball is not on the ground, it's called a maul. When the ball is no where to be seen, it's called a fight.

I dont know - perhaps you should ask Peter Chohessy

right will do. do you have his number? maybe i could text him the question...

on a serious note i played rugby for a short time in school but i gave up because someone was always grabbing my balls in the scrum. i did not like that at all!

right will do. do you have his number? maybe i could text him the question...

on a serious note i played rugby for a short time in school but i gave up because someone was always grabbing my balls in the scrum. i did not like that at all!

Definately a text. Although if you really want to ask in person then he is to be found behind the bar in his pub most weekends.

As to the scrum - cant help you there. Strictly speaking though he should have grabbed the top of your shorts rather than your balls. There is a thread on the gays in the rugby at www.munsterfans.com ifou wish to research further.

Apparently there was a player whose party trick was to stick his finger up an opponents arsehole while in a ruck so I suppose you got off lightly.

An explanation I once read was:
When the ball is on the ground it's called a ruck. When the ball is not on the ground, it's called a maul. When the ball is no where to be seen, it's called a fight.

Sometimes there is a fine line between a rolling maul, and a fight... in fairness.

a man's man.

helovedbirthdays.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back