boyish thread warning!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Offside is 10 yards from a lineout. For a ruck the offside line for each team is thee hindmost foot of their last player in the ruck. For a scrum the offside line is again the hindmost foot except for the scrum half for whom the offside line is a line through the ball.

A player is also offside if he is in front of a player from his own team who last played the ball.

Ah yes. That's all very well. But, whats the difference between a Ruck and a Maul?

Ah yes. That's all very well. But, whats the difference between a Ruck and a Maul?

A ruck is two opponents (on their feet) contesting for a ball on the ground. A maul requires 3 people, the ball caarrier a teammate and an opponent and in the case of a maul the ball is not on the ground.

I dare anyone to find a point of law in rugby I can't answer.

A ruck is two opponents (on their feet) contesting for a ball on the ground. A maul requires 3 people, the ball caarrier a teammate and an opponent and in the case of a maul the ball is not on the ground.

Ha ha ha. Very good.
Jesus man. How much do I miss Rugby living in the US.
I have to do media black outs on BBC.co.uk, and get my old man to send me over DVDs.

Strung out so I am.

An explanation I once read was:
When the ball is on the ground it's called a ruck. When the ball is not on the ground, it's called a maul. When the ball is no where to be seen, it's called a fight.

I dont know - perhaps you should ask Peter Chohessy

right will do. do you have his number? maybe i could text him the question...

on a serious note i played rugby for a short time in school but i gave up because someone was always grabbing my balls in the scrum. i did not like that at all!

right will do. do you have his number? maybe i could text him the question...

on a serious note i played rugby for a short time in school but i gave up because someone was always grabbing my balls in the scrum. i did not like that at all!

Definately a text. Although if you really want to ask in person then he is to be found behind the bar in his pub most weekends.

As to the scrum - cant help you there. Strictly speaking though he should have grabbed the top of your shorts rather than your balls. There is a thread on the gays in the rugby at www.munsterfans.com ifou wish to research further.

Apparently there was a player whose party trick was to stick his finger up an opponents arsehole while in a ruck so I suppose you got off lightly.

An explanation I once read was:
When the ball is on the ground it's called a ruck. When the ball is not on the ground, it's called a maul. When the ball is no where to be seen, it's called a fight.

Sometimes there is a fine line between a rolling maul, and a fight... in fairness.

a man's man.

helovedbirthdays.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back