Boxed in tour? (1 Viewer)

GARYXKNIFEDX

Solutions
Website
Visit site
Right,Boxed In want to come over and "tour" in ireland. I don't see why bands can't do this,but it rely's on people wanting to do something about it. It would be great to see bands come over and do 6 or 7 gigs in ireland,so let's see.
At the minute it's probably looking like it will be spring,maybe mid april,so is anything else likely to be then? Let's get a few more people added to the tour circuit thread and maybe it can be a regular thing with touring bands. A van will probably also be needed.
So,what's everyone's thought's on this?

I`d love to see these guys play.

My accomodation situtation is a bit up in the air these days - hopefully i`ll have a place with room for people after christmas.Accomodation is a balls down here.

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
It would be great to see bands come over and do 6 or 7 gigs in ireland,so let's see....................
So,what's everyone's thought's on this?
6/7 dates - is Ireland that big?You`ll probably be playing to 3 or 4 people in some places - the small towns i guess...

I already told Sned I'd be up for helping out. I think about 4 gigs for Ireland is enough though...maybe I'm wrong but there doesn't seem the numbers of people interested in HC or enough venues to warrant more.

if you aim for 4 you'll probably get two. That's the thinking. I've definately heard of more than 4 places that gigs have happened in ireland in the last year. THey may not be regular,but whose to say they can't happen again? playing to 3 or 4 people is part of a touring hardcore bands existence,are you afraid of that? It's up to the promoters to promote and then it's just what happens on the night. I've regularly heard that the best gigs in ireland have been were there is no punk scene as such. what's wrong with trying?

Dave you got me and Derenzy mixed up,he's in Oz now,not heard back from him yet.

Right,looks like the dates are gonna be around the weekend of may 7th. $ gigs total because of work etc. Dublin, Belfast and two others. But where?

other possible places to play:
kilcoole
wexford
cork
charleville
limerick
galway
ballina
drumshambo
derry
other northie places (the bands andrew dangerfield brings over always seem to play weird "bally" places i've never heard of).

as for aiming for 4 and getting 2.. fuck that.. put the work in, book it early and you can aim for, and get, as many gigs as you want.

Fuck! 9 places and that doesnt include dublin or belfast. And some people said a "tour" of that size wouldn't be possible!!! See? Anyway,they can only od 4 gigs now because of work etc. Thanks Damo

Is there a link for Boxed In somewhere, I might be interested in doing this in Cork (other people in Cork might also be interested) if I hear them and like them and if there is a decent Irish band travelling in support. I can't really get motivated to do a gig for a band whose music I dont like

Chances are that the support will be either Knifed or my new heavy band. Not sure of the flat earth site but find that

sorting out tours is really fuckin hard sometimes. i always find that at least 2 gigs that i would book for a band get cancled like last minute etc etc but thats just the way it goes i suppose.
not too sure about kilcoole these days. im hanging up my boots for a few months...im getting tired of doing them. i wanna go to gigs again in kilcoole rather than put them on and sit at the door. (ever notice how putting on gigs turns ya into a bit of a sour cunt!)
hopefully eoin will be doing one of those big gigs in the hall. so that should be good craic. everyone down here is football crazy at the moment now...its pretty funny. we should have a townies vs coolies match.....you guys game?

mc moley said:
sorting out tours is really fuckin hard sometimes. i always find that at least 2 gigs that i would book for a band get cancled like last minute etc etc but thats just the way it goes i suppose.
not too sure about kilcoole these days. im hanging up my boots for a few months...im getting tired of doing them. i wanna go to gigs again in kilcoole rather than put them on and sit at the door. (ever notice how putting on gigs turns ya into a bit of a sour cunt!)
hopefully eoin will be doing one of those big gigs in the hall. so that should be good craic. everyone down here is football crazy at the moment now...its pretty funny. we should have a townies vs coolies match.....you guys game?
i heard a rumour about kilcoole trad sessions, what's the story? i know a few people who'd be well up for that.

error type 11 said:
Is there a link for Boxed In somewhere, I might be interested in doing this in Cork (other people in Cork might also be interested) if I hear them and like them and if there is a decent Irish band travelling in support. I can't really get motivated to do a gig for a band whose music I dont like
I think Skippy has the new album!!(which i`m also SELLING FOR 8 EURO!Hint...hint...)

Boxed-In kick ass.

new OIrish posh crust wagon hopefully on the road next week, P.M me for details , if ye wanna tour in style

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back