Boss pedal power supply - Cheaper alternative (1 Viewer)

Maplin is pretty cheap but anything that has 9V centre negative or negative tip will work. The Boss ones are regulated which is better but not hugely important for most effects. 2.1mm is the (boss) standard size for the connection too. If you can find the Visual Sound One Spot cheap you're laughing..

Been thinking of stocking cheap alternatives like the one spot once I get my website up and going.

cool. Cheers Moose.
did a quick ebay there and think ill chance a cheap one on there.

how close are ya to launching the website?

Not far off but it'll be a while before I have stuff like that/accessories in stock.

I've the harley benton powerplant, slight more expensive and versatile than the above. I don't gig it though so I can't say much about reliability. Comes with polarity reversing things and 12v, but not enought 12v to run the line 6 fm4 type pedals, not sure if those line 6 delays that are getting popular are as demanding though.

they can be really noisy though! those cheap variable ones could be spitting out between 7-15 volts. i've definately noticed unwanted noise with a synth i have.

another good thing is to look in second hand shops for the correct adapter, usually adapters for printers and the like will be bang on what they say they are, voltage wise.

I (by I i mean my gf) got one out of Musician for me two or three weeks ago. Cant remember what it was called as im in work i cant check but it was around a tener if you ask them for the cheep boss alternative they'll know what your talking about

Yeah, thats my point. Those things are cheap as chips and available everywhere - No need for all that ebay malarky Corrie

Yep, music Maker and Walton have them too. I think it was Artec was the make i got in Waltons. Powers up to 7 pedals like the Boss one. Never noticed any noise. €12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back