boring (4 Viewers)

gee-tars

hey Dudley

[high-pitched new york mafia accent]You think I'm here to entertain you?

Okay well, I know I'm going to set off a stream of replies from all the guitar fiends out there, but what's your favourite guitar?

My current favourite is my telecaster. I can bash the shite out of it and it stays in tune all the way up the neck. It has a great chunky sound, and you can get a great strummy distortion (I prefer PJ Harvey type distortion to say, Blink 186 distortion - I like to be able to hear the strings being strummed). Not gone on the colour though.

ps prick

Well, apart from the beauty I dreamed I bought last night I have a pervy obsession with the SG.
It's simply the best, and I don't have one.
I just got a cheque from the revenue office for over €1500. Sad thing is I gave my notice in work 3 weeks ago and now I need the money for food/rent/ladyboys and can't just buy a guitar with it...

And i'm a little ashamed but I think I like those chunky skewed ones.. the Edge and yer man from feeder has one.

And what about the lovely Gibson Flying V?? They weigh a ton, but you can't help but feel cool as f*ck with one of those hanging off you. Unless you're in a shite band like the Revs...

i bought an sg last week, all black. need to cover it in stupid stickers.

years ago, i played a gig with a borrowed flying v. had to turn it upside down and re-string it left handed, and then fashion a new nut out of a lolly pop stick, but i have never felt more metal

best guitar ever (tm)

Doesn't an SG have a really flat neck? Great guitar like, with a great set of pickups, but it's kind of weird to play because of the flatness of the neck. I found the same with Rickenbackers. I like a slight curve (widthways) on the neck.

Gibson Les Pauls and Flying Vs are both sexy. A friend of mine used to have a flying V and it was great. A really big sound. But you could never sit down (because metallers never do I suppose). They also remind me of the Scorpions and their ilk, although Hendrix used to play one.

i'm not keen on the pick ups, they're waaaay to loud for my ears. shall probably replace them with seymour duncans, make em nice and crystally.

you can sit down with a flying v, you just tend to look like a ponce. you need to spread your legs a wee bit, and rest the guitar over your inside leg.

Stuart Little (05 Mar, 2002 12:29 p.m.):

And i'm a little ashamed but I think I like those chunky skewed ones.. the Edge and yer man from feeder has one.
Is that a Gibson Firebird? They're deadly guitars. Started off as real soul/funk guitars and ended up looking like cheesey metal ones, what with the sharp angles and all. I'd kill for a left hand one.

Me, I got an arch-top semi acoustic recently. The feedback off the humbuckers is unreal: you can feel the whole frame shaking!

I'm loving my Danelectro Innunedo at the moment because..

a) it looks like a cheap 1950's mutant upside down strat knock off

b) its got a sparkle finish

c) it has a row of buttons and dials for it s 4 built in effects. The best of which is the skankiest dirtiest honky fuzz ever. This is controlled by a crazy midsweep tone dial thing that can sort of make it sound like a moog when its feeding back... a moog that was eaten by and cat, who was then runover admitedly

..nice!

Danelectros are great, but suffer really badly from the flat neck thing Snakybus was talking about, the neck is really flat and quite wide... which took me an age to get used to and be happy with

but when its got a sparkley finish, who cares!

hmmmm think id have to go with a telecaster. there's a really cool re-issue of a 72 model with a humbucker pickup on the neck

thats the one for me

although i always really liked the nashville tele's

Get a Firebird the one that Dave Grohl used to always use they look fucking coo-EL.

Dan Electro's were so cheap in new york, I'm talking at most $300 dollars for a real nice 'un.

What ever happened to Warlock guitars. I love them If I ever see one at a cheap price I'd get it at a drop of a hat.

My 5 Favorite Guitars (in no order of preference)
Telecaster, Wooden or sunburst wiv black scratchplate.
SG, Black with Black Scratch Plates
Firebird, Black with white scratch plate.
Jazzmaster
Warlock (novelty value)

It's simply the best, and I don't have one.
I just got a cheque from the revenue office for over ?1500. Sad thing is I gave my notice in work 3 weeks ago and now I need the money for food/rent/ladyboys and can't just buy a guitar with it...

And what about the lovely Gibson Flying V?? They weigh a ton, but you can't help but feel cool as f*ck with one of those hanging off you. Unless you're in a shite band like the Revs...

warlocks are great, but the real ones (non-far eastern imported ones) weigh a fucking ton

pete (05 Mar, 2002 02:10 p.m.):
warlocks are great, but the real ones (non-far eastern imported ones) weigh a fucking ton

they have the biggest frets as well, really wide high square frets and a flat wide neck that just sream for some chugga chugga style power chords

its impossible to play anything else on them

1984 (05 Mar, 2002 01:51 p.m.):
Get a Firebird the one that Dave Grohl used to always use they look fucking coo-EL.

yeah, pat just got hisself one of those.
it does look (and play) damn cool, but unfortunately, he does try to sit down playing it.
looks ridiculous.
that man would never stand up if he could make it so!

yeah and i got an old broken black epiphone sg. so that makes me extra cool i think. actually i was thinkin (after i fix it like) of stripping off the paint and putting a lovely dark varnish over it. does anyone know what that would entail?

Pat (05 Mar, 2002 03:50 p.m.):
yeah and i got an old broken black epiphone sg. so that makes me extra cool i think. actually i was thinkin (after i fix it like) of stripping off the paint and putting a lovely dark varnish over it. does anyone know what that would entail?

Pat, I actually did look into this. When I got my tele I was delighted with everything about it except the colour. I mean, the colour's okay (it's black and white) but I don't know, I wanted a dark sunburst or a plain wood one or maybe a white rhinestone one! (okay I'm beginning to drool now) Anyway the thing is I figured I could do it myself but apparently it's a very long and meticulous process that involves lots of careful marinating and what have you. Well not marinating, I dunno, soaking a few times in various solvents or something, then putting different wood stains and a glaze etc. Basically a lot more work than I expected. Web sites I looked up even recommended not to do this unless you know what you're doing, and stressed that you should let a professional do it because you might damage the guitar. That said, they did tell you how to do it step by step. I just gave up the idea because I'm a lazy cunt. However, I may do it sometime, who knows.

But I think your guitar is cool! Don't change it!

Didn't BC Rich go belly up?
I saw cheap Iron Birds and Warlocks when I was in US and thought that was why.
Like $200 cheap or summat.
Wanted one and I don't even play guitar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back