Bored in Work 10 (2 Viewers)

bored - raining outside
saw lost in la macha the other day and then went foraging to see if Terry Gilliam's got any further towards making this Don Quixote film and then found out that he bothced an attempt at Good Omens. :eek: he should retire... i heard somewhere recently that he'd found a new investor for the Don Quixote film? the snippets of what he had done so far looked great. it sorta sucks that hollywood can't/won't fund these more interesting films. sick o blockbusters (unless there's lightsabers or smeagol...)

Originally posted by snakybus
what are you doing on the internerd con air? I thought you were off recording "down the country" as you dubs say

i'll field this one...

we were in sligo for a while but between technical and not so technical problems the recording we wanted to get done, well, didn't get done in the end. next time gadget...next time

Originally posted by snakybus
bummer! :(

I won't ask what the non-technical problems were :( :(

no need for :( everything's :D and .|..|

by the way, your signature's gift snakey

quit smoking recently, so no light...but feeling proud

...and to scared to talk...

The track playing now is called 'meltdown'

it's some kind of freeform modern clanky stabbing noise with strings ....and it's givign me the fear.

AND I'm writing about internet security!

aaaaaahhhhhh!

!bing !bog !bing !bog

Originally posted by rumpus
I'm listening to the soundtrack of requiem for a dream....

I'm reliving the movie

I fucking terrified.

:(

isn't sunday night the worst possible time to watch a film like requiem for a dream? so why did i do just that. why

sunday night is the worst time in the world ever. except on bank holiday weekends

Dianes death was such a load of bullshit. The majority of people who made a big deal about that were crying about something in their own lives, something thats been recognised by psycholigists aswell. It was the most overblown, irrelevant event of the century.

And man has only allegedly walked on the moon....

Re: gahhhh!!

Originally posted by hopper
much and all as it was a sad occurence, this really brings the rage:

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1061832,00.html

'Diana's death was given top billing over and above two world wars, the Queen's coronation and man walking on the moon.'

these polls are always madly skewed. People only seem to take into account events that have happened in recent times. If they do a similar poll in 20 years time Diana's death will be down the list beneath the world wars where it belongs. Some other recent (non) event will be way more popular. It's like those polls that Channel 4 regularly do find out the most important album ever. Inevitably pet sounds or revolver will be number 2 and 3, but some modern nonsense like Robbie Williams is number 1. The same poll 5 years leter wont even mention him..

Re: Re: gahhhh!!

Originally posted by figs

these polls are always madly skewed. People only seem to take into account events that have happened in recent times. If they do a similar poll in 20 years time Diana's death will be down the list beneath the world wars where it belongs. Some other recent (non) event will be way more popular. It's like those polls that Channel 4 regularly do find out the most important album ever. Inevitably pet sounds or revolver will be number 2 and 3, but some modern nonsense like Robbie Williams is number 1. The same poll 5 years leter wont even mention him..

Very true. The best of the 90's always seems to contain 80% stuff from 1999, etc.

I love Sky News polls. They're totaly and utterly pointless with badly written question like
"Questions, what do you think?"

Then we have the graphic of the remote control to help explain the cranium melting concept of "Red" and "Button"

And the results
Yes: 46%
No: 23%
Unable to work out which button is red and which is green: 14%
Half finished a bottle of gin before the kids come home from school: 9%
Holding remote control to ear and trying to order a pizza on it: 6%
Angry, ill-informed, appoininated loud mouth: 2%

Princess Dianas Frenchy tunnel smashcrashbang is far more important then a global conflict that lasted 6 years and changed the political and geographical make up of Europe, most of Asia and Africa. There wasn't that many flowers or snotty hankies when they drop them Bomb. If we measure the average hankies capacity for sad sniffles we find that it can hold between 6-8 sniffles depending on nose size and viscosity of snot. Multiply that by the amount of people who wept for the posh tart and we find that approx 1.3 million sniffles where expended between the time of her being scrapped from the car to the point when she was plonked in a box in the earth like the rest of us meer mortals.
Compare that Dianas sniffle matrix to the BOMB Matrix and we find that it is larger by almost tenfold. Therefore, proving that Diana being splattered all over the front of a Merc is justifiably more important then a bit of a ruck with Gerry

Skynews, scienticians at work

Sky News

I love their bad jokes or comments after a quirky story. Its usually the guy who does it. It's a crap joke and the chic beside goes "....ugh huh huh hah ha haha". Like a build up to laughter. And you can tell by the look on her face that she's goin "What a Gobshite. Can I be a weather girl"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back