Bored in Work 10 (1 Viewer)

In the Glendalough Hotel, salmon beocmes tuna after 1pm.
When my wan and her pet yankee went there yesterday they ordered the pricey (€8.50) oak smoked salmon with cream cheese and dill sandwich plus chips. They were served tuna mayonaise in a bap. When they questioned this they were told that because it was after one, the salmon was now tuna. Not fully comprehending the problem at all, the manager asked how much they thought they should pay for a tuna bap (with a side of fries). They said €5, and so that's what they paid.

Originally posted by Keeror
In the Glendalough Hotel, salmon beocmes tuna after 1pm.
When my wan and her pet yankee went there yesterday they ordered the pricey (€8.50) oak smoked salmon with cream cheese and dill sandwich plus chips. They were served tuna mayonaise in a bap. When they questioned this they were told that because it was after one, the salmon was now tuna. Not fully comprehending the problem at all, the manager asked how much they thought they should pay for a tuna bap (with a side of fries). They said €5, and so that's what they paid.

my ex-wan's sister had her wedding reception there. It was a nightmare trying to get pints in, the bar staff would just look at you with the expression 'what the fuck do you want now'. Lovely scenery though

Originally posted by Speed Racer
Is one of those Darklight Digital festivals happening this year? Or an animation festival in October? If not, well then thats a real waste of all the cool stuff goin on.
totally. and yep darklight is on this year. i read something ..em somewhere .. about it and dont remember where now. i'll see if i can dig it up.
i think decal are doing something at it.

ok, here's a salmon becoming tuna story.
there's a caff near where i live that does the greatest sunday brunch of all time, namely smoked salmon on a bagel with a side of scrambled eggs and ballymaloe relish. yes it sounds like the sort of unrelated-foods-combo that a pregnant person would think up but i tell you it was sooo very beautiful. i only KNOW it was beautiful, however, based on the ONE time i've ordered it and it has not been 'off'. every other time i've gone in, they've been out of salmon.. but by the time i attempt to order it & discover this i'm all ensconced & comfy at the table with the papers and the coffee...... so this was all good.............. but damn, i wanted that salmon. so what i used to do was, (a) first i tried asking for the same exact brekkie except with tuna instead, which, ............lets just say i do not advise it, and then (b) (.. this part of the story is not for the squeamish) i started going to the caff earlier and earlier each Sunday morning, hoping to be the ONE LUCKY PERSON IN ALL THE UNIVERSE who got smiled upon by heaven and who miraculously got to order salmon and have it actually be there.
this went on for three weeks.
then, i realised how terrifying the whole, deliberately getting up early on my one day off just so i could possibly maybe but probably not have smoked salmon for breakfast, thing was. and started making it at home instead. so that was ok.

now if you'll excuse me, i have to be back at the mental institution by 5.

Originally posted by peaches

this went on for three weeks.
then, i realised how terrifying the whole, deliberately getting up early on my one day off just so i could possibly maybe but probably not have smoked salmon for breakfast, thing was. and started making it at home instead. so that was ok.

now if you'll excuse me, i have to be back at the mental institution by 5.

Thats sitcom stuff that is. Funny:p

more like a raped arse, the colour of fuck butter. i love you man. i do.

sorry bout that. i just went absolutley mental there. phew, thank god that's over. i love you all. it must be the fever. no fooling.

Originally posted by hopper

my ex-wan's sister had her wedding reception there. It was a nightmare trying to get pints in, the bar staff would just look at you with the expression 'what the fuck do you want now'. Lovely scenery though

i'm going there for a wedding...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back