Bored in Work 1(39) (2 Viewers)

nEiLo said:
i grew up in Roselawn which is actually in Castleknock... ahem
and well you should ahem. isn't roselawn directly behind the superquinn in the middle of blanchardstown village? don't you have to go through blanche to get to castleknockers?

or is there a secret hidden shortcut route as yet hitherto undiscovered by the 38 bus?
probably. my knowledge of dublin extends to those parts of it what i have discovered by means of public transport. there could be vast tracts of dublin as yet unseen by me, owing to the vagaries of the dublin bus transport system.

lmd64 said:
and well you should ahem. isn't roselawn directly behind the superquinn in the middle of blanchardstown village? don't you have to go through blanche to get to castleknockers?

geographically speaking you are correct...

barrybumper2.jpg

lmd64 said:

or is there a secret hidden shortcut route as yet hitherto undiscovered by the 38 bus?
probably. my knowledge of dublin extends to those parts of it what i have discovered by means of public transport. there could be vast tracts of dublin as yet unseen by me, owing to the vagaries of the dublin bus transport system.

I realised that was true in my case, I'm still discovering whole new parts of dublin due to making it my business to explore unknown streets
a bit more...it's actually a shame and kinda weird that people tend
to confine themselves within quite small spaces in their home towns,
when you go all over the shop when your on holliers.

stephenoblunt said:
Broombridge... Scary place

Ah! Broomebridge... it's like Escape from New York or something like that.

I remember counting 15 burnt out cars lying in state next to the station. And I remember when they repaved it - I think it was three days later that the platform paving was removed. It's so good, there isn't even a ticket office there.

And it has some great graffiti (e.g. "Give Larry a job")

That station is a national treasure.

When they redeveloped the western suburban line they did up all the stations and they even bothered to do Broombridge. They finished it on a monday - nice glazed shelters, illumimated advertising signs, lovely new station placards etc. I went through it the next day, and it was fucking destroyed. The place was in tatters. it's the only time I have ever felt sorry for Irish Rail.

Gong Farmer said:
Ah! Broomebridge... it's like Escape from New York or something like that.

I remember counting 15 burnt out cars lying in state next to the station. And I remember when they repaved it - I think it was three days later that the platform paving was removed. It's so good, there isn't even a ticket office there.

And it has some great graffiti (e.g. "Give Larry a job")

That station is a national treasure.

Oh yes, most of the platform is tarmaced now, but where there were paving bricks they were all ripped up and thrown at the trains. It's such fun to be on a train and when it stops in Broombridge and the doors open, a hail of missiles enter the carriage from both sides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back