Bodytonic @ Electric Picnic 2007 - the line-up so far.... (1 Viewer)

EP-GIF-AD-1-(signatures).gif

T'was nerve wracking putting this together this year hope ya like it ....

The Bodytonic Arena returns back this year bigger and better than over. Actually hold on , its not bigger, because we’ve decided to reduce the capacity from last years monster . Not because it was too big , often times it wasn’t big enough, but we left we lost a lot of the intimacy we had in previous years . So expect a much better tent vibe this year as we are putting the majority of our efforts into the small things . Music wise , we’ve probably gone for a slightly funkier and more party sound to last year. And we’ve definitely gone a lot more underground too , not a huge amount of household names on it , we’ve mainly gone for acts we really believe will deliver the goods musically. We’re still covering and expanding the wide range of acts ( live,djing duos ,VJ’s, turnablists) and sounds (soul, funk, drum’n’bass, house, techno, electro, hip-hop , breaks, Baltimore, baile-funk , samba , latin , electronica and much more ) - all be catered for in the full line-up . Here’s some of the talent on offer , we’ve still a good few more acts to release over the coming months , so keep an eye out for them

Hope you like it and here’s to another year of fun times @ Electric Picnic :lol:

t.

BODYTONIC ARENA Line-up – 2007

http://www.bodytonicmusic.com

Derrick May

The Innovator himself . Derrick May has been around since techno was hit on , conceived and brought into the world . Famously stating that ‘techno was a complete mistake , like George Clinton and Kraftwerk stuck in an elevator’ , he’s now on a self-proclaimed mission to save the world from bad music ! A real character of the electronic music world , he’s never been afraid to speak his mind . Music wise we’re not sure what to expect , as he’s equally comfortable playing deep house music to jackin , rocking techno . An extremely charismatic DJ , whatever it is its sure to have a healthy influence of Parliament and Kraftwerk in it . Noice.

Hexstatic

Ninja Tunes AV mavericks who have set the international standard for visuals at clubs, gigs , festivals and videos. Worked on the legendary ‘Timber’ video for Coldcut, and play all sorts of festivals from Sonar to the Big Chill , if you wanna get a good idea of where these guys are at check out their ‘Listen&learn’ compilation for Ninja Tune – part of the highly acclaimed Solid Steel series that they run.

Josh Wink

This will be Mr Wink’s first Irish appearance in many moons . Early fame came via his hypnotic ‘Don’t Laugh’ track , but it was the mighty ‘Higher State Of Consciousness’ that gave him his biggest hit and brought acid house to the charts and the masses in the 90’s. Still a classic to this day and still getting regularly play at clubs the world over, Mr Wink currently spends his time still producing great house and techno music via his prolific Ovum label and has one of the busiest DJ schedules in the world to match too.

Derrick Carter

The don of jackin Chicago house music , Derrick L carter is simply one of the best house DJs you’ll ever see. Sorta like Marky in that when this guy is on form , no-one really does it better.

Mr Scruff

Nothing to say on this guy, you all know who he is , and what he does. Mark sure you arrange with all your friends to meet up when he’s playing….you only be disappointed if you don’t .

The Glimmers

The Glimmers are one of those rare acts in that they could quite easily play for us at Backlash , Stereotonic , POGO or Scribble depending on their mood. Universally liked by music lovers the world over, many would say they are the best Belgian Djing duo in the world. We would agree.

The Elecktrons LIVE

Unabombers are touring live this summer and this is the live act . We’re told to expect big things ….

DJ Marky

The Pele or David Blaine of drum’n’bass? genuis and magician Marky is one of the world’s best dj’s. Even people who don’t like drum’n’bass like Marky , he’s simply that good

Greenskeepers LIVE

Greens who you might say ? We saw these guys play live in at the Maimi WMC a few years ago and they sound and look amazing live. Consistently asked back to Fabric time and time again , the only thing we cant figure out about these guys is why they are not bigger ? An unknown entity on these shores, but that’s a good thing isn’t it ?!

Dixon

We first brought Dixon over in the summer of 2004 and he played one of the most innovative sets we’ve ever heard in any Bodytonic club. Amazing us with his unique twist on deep German electronic music , Dixon is the quintessential DJ’s DJ, always spinning tunes you’ve never heard before and not knowing when he’s in or out of the mix. Check his recent mix for Resident Advisor or Get Physical to see a DJ at the top of his game.

Ame
Speaking of same Dixon set in 2004, on the night he played a tune called Nia , that had every DJ in the club asking about it. ‘Ame’ was who it was, Dixon said. Ame who ? we all said ! 3 months later , Kristian from Ame turned up to play and rock our club and then in the next 12 months , Ame went on to become massive worldwide stars with the massive ‘REJ’ which rocked all sorts of dancefloors in 2006 and was the crossover tune of last year.

Joakim & The Ectoplasmics Live

Debut live Irish appearance by the maverick Gallic genius who had already released 2 albums on Versatile Records , before his epic ‘Mosters& Silly Songs’ came out this year. As you would expect its an album of twist and turns and one we’ve grown to really like at Bodytonic HQ. We’ve been fans of his for years now but this album has cemented him as a producer of wide ranging talents to a wider audience. This will be his first ever live appearance in Ireland and he’ll be playing with a 4 piece band from Paris.

Larry Heard

Mr Fingers . one of the most prolific mixers on the internet , the man never stops ! His ‘ Can You Feel It’ is a bona-fide classic and we really hope it greats dropped at EP – its just one of those tunes you can never hear enough times. He’s made many more though , check out the amazing Another Side album , or ‘Mystery of Love’ his billboard topping collaboration with Mr Robert ‘Ill be your friend’ Owens and even in 2007 the amazing ‘The Sun Can’t Comparre’. Words like ‘beautiful’ , ‘euphoric’ , ‘blissfull’ and ‘magical’ are often used to describe his music. This is Mr Heard’s first time playing for us

Jamie Liddell

one of electronicas true modern pioneers , this guy has elements of aphex twin and Prince in his music. We caught him in Fabric 2 years ago , half of us loved it , half of us hated it . Not yer average performer , check this guy out for a slice of something left of centre in our arena

Bonde Do Role

Brazilian superstars in the making , they've an album coming out on Dominio in early summer. if Backlash ever went to Brazil it might sound a little bit like these guys.

A-trak
one of the youngest ever participants in the DMC's , A-trak has been wowing audiences all over the world since his was a nipper. We saw him recently tear the loft apart in Barcelona, with a spellbinding set of hip-hop, breaks, bailefunk and party tunes , all impeccably mixed, split , and diced together .

Simian Mobile Disco Live

a big coup for us , SMD's first ever live appearance in Ireland. Their debut album comes out in June and they have a massive schedule of festival appearances in 2007. We're tipping them to be big stars this year, really looking forward to this show

Annie Mac (Radio 1)

Born in Dublin, club baptism in Belfast , hottest thing on the radio in London. This will be Annie's first club gig in Ireland . Crazy to believe that the fastest rising star on the world's biggest youth radio station and a native of dublin , has never played here before. We've been tracking her show for 2 years now and glad to be finally able to put her on. Expect a set of party breaks , house and electro from Annie. Her recent Mixmag set captures her eclecticism perfectly.....

the Irish Contingent ....

Bodytonic

The Bodytonic Sound System , Backlash, Stereotonic, Scribble and Global will all be getting an airing at this years Picnic. acts TBA.....
And the rest ....
aside from showcasing our own talent within Bodytonic , we also like to nod our head and pay dues to the wealth of talent that exists throughout this country. Over the years , we've had various acts, clubs and djs play our arena. In 2005 we mainly went for producers and live acts we believed in, this year we've gone for clubnights from all around the country ...

Republik DJs - Waterford
Stiff Kitten (Timmy Stewart & Al Simms ) - Belfast
Viva DJ's - Limerick
Acii Disco DJ's - Dublin
110 St - Galway
Inner City - Cork

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thats it for the moment , hope yis like it . Still a few more to be announced aswell so keep yer eyes peeled here for them

Here Taylor
Would you mind keeping it down this year...
The amount of performances ruined in nearby tents from your noise pollution last year was unreal...

Thanks

y'all having that footie tournament again this year?

we are indeed . did you play on the thumped team ? started to plan it some time in next 2 weeks actually , gonna try and make it super-organised this year. sponsors , food, booze , Keith Duffy p.a. , yadda yadda

and no rain too. know anyone who can organise that ?!?

we are indeed . did you play on the thumped team ? started to plan it some time in next 2 weeks actually , gonna try and make it super-organised this year. sponsors , food, booze , Keith Duffy p.a. , yadda yadda

and no rain too. know anyone who can organise that ?!?

I did indeed. Very much so. Yeah it was fun last year, but decent refs, food and booze, and no rain would be great. It'd be cool if it were filmed too. Nothing special like.. just a well positioned camera person for each game. and then stream the games from the web after. huh?

seconded.
actually was too loud.

ya that and the pointless jet engine bullshit with some dude whizzing the fuck around on it. it might have been cool if you could go on it, but just watching that obvious prick was bullshit. worst noise ever! if they bring that crap back, I think they definitely need to be mix it up with drunks vomiting and dying on it.

ya that and the pointless jet engine bullshit with some dude whizzing the fuck around on it. it might have been cool if you could go on it, but just watching that obvious prick was bullshit. worst noise ever! if they bring that crap back, I think they definitely need to be mix it up with drunks vomiting and dying on it.
oh yeah, that fuckin yoke.
also, not put a campsite RIGHT ON TOP of the bodytonic bass tent.

oh yeah, that fuckin yoke.
also, not put a campsite RIGHT ON TOP of the bodytonic bass tent.

I think if I go again this year, things will have to run a little differently. I'll have to set up shop in a frens area. no dudes in full body cow suits screaming "any dooob??" all night. and if anyone pisses on or near my tent I'll stick a blade in them, put them in my tent and then burn it.

yeah maybe I won't go this year.

I think if I go again this year, things will have to run a little differently. I'll have to set up shop in a frens area. no dudes in full body cow suits screaming "any dooob??" all night. and if anyone pisses on or near my tent I'll stick a blade in them, put them in my tent and then burn it.

yeah maybe I won't go this year.
any yokes?

im goin this year but im makin sure i bring everything with me and get somewhere decent to camp and NOT at the very back of campsite against the metal-sheet walls where everyone also just pissed beside our tents.
reminds me, a friend of mine took a shit in a plastic bag in her tent. sexy. claims that it was all very hygenic though (?)

Ha ha, wasn't that thing supposed to be making smoothies? I remember the sound of it alright. I found it kind of soothing late on, passing by it on the way back to the campsite, guiding me home. Although I wasn't camping right up on top of it like some others so maybe I'm not one to judge. Didn't think the Bodytonic was a problem at the other gigs? Maybe it was for those camping near it, but surely the solution, if it is a problem, would be to have the campsite sufficiently far away from it rather than turning the volume down. Also, wasn't in the Bodytonic that much, but one of the times I was, Laurent Garnier, I remember thinking it was up the volume should be going, not down.

Here Taylor
Would you mind keeping it down this year...
The amount of performances ruined in nearby tents from your noise pollution last year was unreal...

Thanks

Get the bands to put some BASS in their music so they can compete.
Wimps!

that jet rock engine was the big problem i think , was even doing our heads in in our own tent. i presume/pray its gone this year

although our tent is pretty loud as we've a function 1 sound system.

but i dont reckon many here will be near us this year anyway by looks of it , think i posted this in the wrong forum !

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back