boa morte come to Duberlin (1 Viewer)

chicken

We're boa morte and we're looking for a gig in Dublin but to be honest we don't have a clue. Where's a good intimate music venue where we can go play.
Visit us at www.boamorte.com

chicken (02-02-2001 06:03 p.m.):
We're boa morte and we're looking for a gig in Dublin but to be honest we don't have a clue. Where's a good intimate music venue where we can go play.
Visit us at www.boamorte.com

my advice is don't bother.
TBMC is run by cunts for nights of sheer agony.
SHELTER AND VICAR ST. are run by cunts and thievin' ones at that.
WHELANS you have to book four years in advance and then a day before your gig they'll tell you it's cancelled or postponed.
DOYLES you can't see or hear a thing.
TEMPLE no-one turns up to.

come play a gig with JOAN OF ARSE sometime. you'll loose money, and no-one will listen!

doesn't sound too healthy lads. I heard the Shelter is o.k. though. We're slow and lo-fi, based in Cork, signed to Moodfood in the States. Anyone got a contact for the arse or the jubilees?

Just mailed Mr Chicken so no need to be giving him the contacts.
Not convinced by the Shelter yet. Sound isn't great and £400 rental.
It's a sad day when I'm looking forward to hearing about Smiley Bolger's new venture.

i remember hearin boa morte a coupla years back and thinkin they were pretty deadly.

i don't remember why or how.....just positive...who am i, anyway? (with this introduction of a new Ronan, i'm not too sure)

anyway - boa morte, the coldspoon conspiracy would be more than happy to play a dublin gig with yiz (i think)

andy (04-02-2001 04:49 p.m.):
you guys have played with my legendary girlfriend? hahah
the fucking worst band in the world ever
they're all idiots too

hey! what's with the 'too'!

also, i apologize for the drunken romanticizing of reply 7.

could you not start some sort of log-in breathalyzer, pete?

or just something that stops me from writing at all?

andy (04-02-2001 04:49 p.m.):
you guys have played with my legendary girlfriend? hahah
the fucking worst band in the world ever
they're all idiots too

hey! what's with the 'too'!

also, i apologize for the drunken romanticizing of reply 7.

could you not start some sort of log-in breathalyzer, pete?

or just something that stops me from writing at all?

i STILL think that most venues in dublin are crap and are anti-music. though not all.
whelans is a great venue, but unreliable to get. the shelter has poxy sound and is £400 quid to hire - any night!!! but brian who books the gigs is a gent.
when the revolution comes, i'm gonna build a venue with the bodies of dublin promoters.
it'll smell after a while, but sure won't it be gas craic.

i remember boa morte aswell. ...A darkened doorway can lead to A bright highway... and all that. Pronouncing the A heavily like any decent jangly low-fi-er.
ignore the bearded lady. if it was all as bad as s/he makes out there would be no one playing anywhere at all, and boa morte would never make it here, which would be a pity as far as i can make out.
the venues are anti-music? what are you, telling bands not to play here?

boa morte boys will definitely be up for a slot at a jimmy cake gig, you can borrow our wind section and banjo.

chickenham (12-02-2001 11:33 a.m.):
boa morte boys will definitely be up for a slot at a jimmy cake gig, you can borrow our wind section and banjo.

Hang on, I'm a bit confussed.
Who's borrowing who's banjo and wind section?

I remember Boa Morte . They had that cool video shot in America. It was all red and blue and in the end they went up in a plane. I looked everywhere for the EP but I couldnt find it. I thought you guys had disappeared for ever. Please play in Dublin

don't you know mr. keeror that the 'cakes clarinet player is also on the forthcoming boa morte album? in truth i'm only guaranteeing them a clarinet, the rest depends on good will and whatnot. but a banjo would be sooooo good on their stuff.

I know nothing about clarinet players or dead snakes.
I thought maybe Chicken and Chickenham were the same person, and that confused me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back