blade runner ultimate edition (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter tim
  • Start date
  • Replies 214
  • Views 19K
  • Watchers 5

tim

anybody know when this is due out? I've been holding off from buying the directors cut.

Please let it have the original edition and not the director's cut alone.

I haven't looked at any details of this for fear of this very fact.

The director's cut was dire and only good if you've seen the original with the voice-over.

I remember Scott talking in Starburst about how he hated the voice-over and would have preferred to have spent the six months needed (a la Apocalypse Now) to get it right. he felt there were still some problems with it.

So, rather than fix it, he cut it out? Hardly a director's cut. Unless he means severe huffy cut.

Most people I know who saw it without V.O. hadn't a clue about what was happening and hated the movie.

So, some of the dialogue was shit in it, but sure, when has Harrison Ford not had shitty lines? "Shut your mouth kid....", "Get off my plane...!"

Please let it have the original edition and not the director's cut alone.

I haven't looked at any details of this for fear of this very fact.

The director's cut was dire and only good if you've seen the original with the voice-over.

I remember Scott talking in Starburst about how he hated the voice-over and would have preferred to have spent the six months needed (a la Apocalypse Now) to get it right. he felt there were still some problems with it.

Well not a chance that Harrison would record the lines now. He never talks about Blade Runner, even though its one of his best.

I don't think they could Pro Tools there way through it either.

And the director's cut is fine as a stand alone film, you don't need to see the original first. Besides whats wrong with having to rewatch something to take more of it in? Especially when its as good as BR.

yeah. eh? blade runner 2? who's in it?
god, i haven't seen blade runner in ages. it used to be deadly. is it still?

21437_w.jpg

Are you menthol?
Not at all.

The worst over-indulgence by a director ever. Okay, dire was a bit harsh (I still love the movie), but I much prefer the original version. At the time, it was one of the best movies I'd ever seen. And I didn't mind the original ending either. It was still dark.

Still, each to their own. I just liked the whole voice-over thing. It was a film noir homage and it was written that way. Why rip the heart out of the thing?

To me the voice-over never seemed like the heart, more like the arse. Probably has something to do with my loathing for noir/gumshoe/detective movies and their cliches.

But let's not repeat countless IMDB film-fucknuts debates over the years and just say 'IT'S TOO BAD SHE WON'T LIVE! BUT THEN AGAIN WHO DOES!!!'...
Not at all.

The worst over-indulgence by a director ever. Okay, dire was a bit harsh (I still love the movie), but I much prefer the original version. At the time, it was one of the best movies I'd ever seen. And I didn't mind the original ending either. It was still dark.

Still, each to their own. I just liked the whole voice-over thing. It was a film noir homage and it was written that way. Why rip the heart out of the thing?

harrison ford read the voiceover in full on piss-take style cause he didn't believe it would actually end up in the final cut of the film

i'm glad they've left it out of the sequel anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back