birr vintage week (1 Viewer)

eoghan_dubhdara

i went out to birr on tuesday only planning to stay the one night. i have an exibition here tonight (woo hoo) but have decided to stay the weekend possibly till the end of the week depends how i feel, im paying between zero and 20 euro for a room and am possibly getting a house for free for 2 days during the week so am tempted to say the least.
i had gotten a bus from dublin to roscrea and then hitched to birr. i got picked up by a hungarian butcher and he told me all about this week. he was as big as a horse but as gentle as a flea very surreal. yesterday morning i went to my first wedding as a photographer, i was there taking notes of how he dealt with people and managed them. i was getting some strange looks from the patrons so since they were locals and country people so i had a chat with them outside and after explaining my tale was offered a lift to the afters... i made my excuses and left
as i was due to go to synesthesia "which relates to the evocation of one kind of sense when another sense is stimulated" example would be the sensation of colour when a sound is heard. it was located in an old workhouse also known as spikes. it had been perfectly preserved rather then refurbnished so it kept its oldiness. the art was a amazing here is the website www.birrvintageweek.com/arts

i got talking to the artists and i got offered indirectly to stay the night..... i was about to do it they were locking up i was taking photos, to show them i was there. then i got freaked out being in an old famine workhouse started thinking of ghosts and general darkness it was like "one flew over the cuckoos nest" as a secondary reason i had no sleeping bag.

to make up for it when i was outside i was walking along the river and there were bats flying all around me wasnt scared of them and managed to get a few phots of them and sonme liquid gold upon the river.

have met some amazing artists and was explaining to them about social centres from ungdomshusst to seomra spraoi about communitys and working together. a lot of them seemed to move in the same circles but had never heard of social centres. i was glad to inform them of our work and try to encourage them to create there own although birr doesnt seem to have any sort of seen although its jam packed with artists and poets. so you have the normal gaa heads mixed with artists of all shapes and sizes. its quite beautifull.

will post up pictrures when i get back to dublin

ps i met some photographers that make a shit load from there photos and i mean real arty photos. was pleasantly suprised, as my whole focus has been to go commercail first then when i have my commercail business set up to travel and have a continual income. but this has really opened my eyes to the possibilities that are available to me.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back