Bike stolen (1 Viewer)

wankers! god i hate them. you can't have a nice bike in this shitty city. i have two locks on my bike. cost 100. just in locks. still have it tho.

My mate told me about this 2 locks measure after the even. Might put it into action when I get my cheapo bike.

fucking dublin and getting bikes stolen it is a total fucking disgrace. get a kryptonite or similiar lock. the cost about 100 quid but they are worth it.

someone tried to steal my bike from inside my apartment complex recently. luckily they couldn't get through the lock.

is every european city this bad for getting bikes stolen?

It's a gut-wrenching thing to happen to anyone.

You don't need two locks.

You need a U-lock like this
997931.jpg

And a cable like this
210818.jpg

You want to secure both wheels to the frame using the cable and then the frame to something very secure using the lock.
Get into a discipline of always locking it correctly.
Half the battle is making your bike look so well-locked that it's not worth the knack's bother to even try and steal, and he'll move on to easier prey.

Having your bike nicked sucks, but it doesn't mean you should get a crappy cheap one.
Get good locking equipment and lock it correctly.

I've a kryptonite on me cannondale.Highly recommended.

commiserations. it's so annoying when your bike gets robbed.

what's the cycle to work scheme?

It's the worst. Had a bike stolen there a good few years ago. Do the fuzz have somewhere they keep all the stolen bikes? Could you go there to "check if it's turned up" and just go "oh there it is" when you see a similar one? Might be worth checking out if you go to the cop shop. It's less paperwork etc for them so I'd say they wouldn't give a shit. I heard of people doing that way back in the day.

Another good idea is to make your bike look as shit as possible (eg, cover it in stickers).

This is the bike to work scheme.

Bike shop on Dorset st (near NCR junction) has some semi half decent secondhand peddlers for cheap if you're looking for a quick replacement.

would people buy a bike if they suspected it was stolen? my mate's bike was stolen recently and he had reservations about buying one off gumtree cos he reckoned it was hot. i said go for it but i don't cycle and i know how attached people can become to a bike

I didn't have insurance, but from what I'm told they'd probably have decided that my lock wasn't good enough and I'd get nothing anyway.
That was just some guy who said that to me though.

I bought a new bike yesterday. I also bought two good locks.
Let's hope this is a bright new day for cycling.

My missus got me a new bike today

I felt like a 13 year old again, an overweight, horribly unfit 13 year old

I expect my muscles to stop shaking any time now

I looked for one of those Revolver locks but they didn't have then in Halfords, is there a shop in town that sells them?

My arse is killing me from the saddle. Any exercises for toughening up the old gluteus maximus?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back