Best/Worst Britpop era bands (2 Viewers)

I used to think that Donna was a cracker but a quick google search is showing me that my memory has played tricks on me......

DON8.JPG

She's a banger :-(

I used to think that Donna was a cracker but a quick google search is showing me that my memory has played tricks on me......

DON8.JPG

She's a banger :-(

I have that issue of Select!!

that was her 'heroin chic' phase. That is to say, she was a heroin addict at the time.

what about Irish Britpop bands? Were Bawl Britpop?

Anyway, it all passed me by as I was an Aran sweater in those days.

Hmmm, yeah i seem to remember a band called The Young Offenders i think they where from cork or something, man i thought they were great back in the day. I think they where more Britrock though

They had a choon called "Thats why we loose control" and another one called "Pink & Blue"

Ive got one of there choons on a melody maker cd from 1998 great stuff!

Em, I heard a class Pulp song in a film called 'Wonderland' there recently. Some guy was having a bath and listening to it on the radio. Getting well into it so I was...

Remember the White Room on Channel 4? I recall the Pumpkins being on it and they were ridiculously loud...I remember seeing Lush on it too.

Did someone mention Stony Sleep? Crikey!
What about powerpop messers Midget? hahahahahahahahahahahaaaa! fuck me!

I'll be back on this thread tomorrow. My mind is buzzing with nostalgia. The bad kind...

Hmmm, yeah i seem to remember a band called The Young Offenders i think they where from cork or something, man i thought they were great back in the day. I think they where more Britrock though
quote]

- They subsequently moved to London, got dropped by their label – the singer was practically homeless and wrote a load of songs that he recorded on some dodgy 8-track in the back of an office and then called himself Simple Kid and sold loads o records……. Or well a good few anyway.

Once he told me that he would like to try out being an old dude with a boat and a big beard fishing his days away with a possum for a Bessie mate – or something like that. Which was very random…. But also kinda nice.

Salad had a fuckin great tune called 'Drink The Elixir' and i also quite liked Dubstar and Lush, especially their tune 'Hypocrite'. Mansun were great - Wide Open Space and TaxLoss stil get an airing round these parts. Had an unhealthy obsession with Suede and was nearly trampled to death at their gig in the SFX ....what a shameful way to go....

Fell in love with the Cardigans' album 'Life' around then too - it broke my little heart - :heart: especially the brilliant cover of Black Sabbath's "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" ...a tear to the eye I tells ya. Then they went stellar. Bastards.

Suede played a gig there on saturday. I never liked Suede (except Implement Yeah! and Can't Get Enough) but they don't have a thread and it seemed like an excuse to bump this one
Suede played:

'She'
'Trash'
'Filmstar'
'Animal Nitrate'
'Heroine'
'Pantomime Horse'
'Killing Of A Flashboy'
'Obsessions'
'Can't Get Enough'
'Everything Will Flow'
'She's In Fashion'
'The Living Dead'
'The Asphalt World'
'So Young'
'Metal Mickey'
'The Wild Ones'
'New Generation'
'Beautiful Ones'
'Saturday Night'

I liked: Elastica, Suede, Supergrass, Sleeper, Pulp, a bit of Blur, a bit of Oasis,

Not so much: Cast, Northern Uproar, Menswear, Gay Dad, Shed Seven

Were the Boo Radleys Britpop? I hated them with a passion. And Dodgy. It would appear my girlfriend was into Britpop when she was a teenager as when we moved in together my CD collection got a hell of a lot shitter. I now seem to own a single by a band called Catch, a Cast album and some Kula Shaker singles.

Were Reef classified as Britpop back in the day? I can't recall but I'd say they were definitely branded shitpop at some stage.

Were the Boo Radleys Britpop? I hated them with a passion. And Dodgy. It would appear my girlfriend was into Britpop when she was a teenager as when we moved in together my CD collection got a hell of a lot shitter. I now seem to own a single by a band called Catch, a Cast album and some Kula Shaker singles.

haha, that Catch song was great

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

they were marketed as some kind of Britpop boyband

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back