Best/Worst Britpop era bands (2 Viewers)

I've had the bluetones going round in my head for the lasst two hours cos of this thread.

elastica are one of the better ones even if their best song was a rip off of Wire

Yeah - I still listen to their first album a lot. I know they ripped of a fair few songs but at least they were good ones :)

Blur and Supergrass are the only other two that were really good.
Oasis - love or loath - had their moments too.

Best thing about 1995 - being 14 and being allowed to go to Feile in cork with my 16 year old cousin and no adults.
Worst thing about 1995 - Feile being almost exclusively Britpop bands.

I hate england.

ha, remember rialto

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

1998 was a strange year for British Music.

"You are Blur"

That was degrading.

Here - anyone remember the name of Thom Yorkes little bros band - they had like one decent tune - played the TBMC (i think) in the mid 90's. Fuck they were dire!
Unbelievable Truth. I have their autographs! Higher Than Reason was that one good tune they had. Otherwise, poor.

I hate england.
Brits out

Best: Fuck all. I was listening to Pantera 1992-1997, I don't understand what the rest of yee were at.
I bought Supergrass' In It For The Money, if that means anything.

Worst: Ocean Colour Scene. They played Ballinasloe ffs.
Oasis.
Kula Shaker, I remember watching those video's and thinking "Why?"
Cast. Just......Cast. I insult people now by calling them Cast.

And everything else.

If my memory serves me correctly the NME/MM created yet another ridiculous sub-genre around 96/97/98, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. They had constant features and intervews with Symposium, Theaudience, 3 colors red, Ultrasound, and maybe Idlewild. Anyone remember what this genre was called? Or is my memory fooling me?

Did anyone else love the Warchild/Help cd back in the day?

If my memory serves me correctly the NME/MM created yet another ridiculous sub-genre around 96/97/98, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. They had constant features and intervews with Symposium, Theaudience, 3 colors red, Ultrasound, and maybe Idlewild. Anyone remember what this genre was called? Or is my memory fooling me?

This one?

http://www.thumped.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=604548&postcount=12

or Britrock which is what they were calling 3 colours Red

Yeah i think it was called Britrock, i was trying to think of the name of that band "Ultrasound" jesus they were rubbish, and the lead singer he was a right fat bloke and a bit of a gay if the memory serves me.

hey, I is John, is you're really 22 then you'd barely even remember Britpop. What gives?

Unfortunately for me I got into music around the end of 1995 just as Britpop was going stale. The first single I ever bought was Charmless Man by Blur.

So I remember all the post-britpop bands (theaudience/rialto/ultrasound/ and 'bratpop' bands like Stony Sleep) only too well.

did you ever see Johnny Dean from Menswear?
Every Friday. I don't think him and Chris Gentry ever left.

However the member of menswe@r I saw the most was the drummer. There was a period during the summer of 96 when everywhere I went he seemed to be there. Every pub, every gig, every time I went to the heavenly social. I even remember turning round at tribal gathering and there he was. I had to get a restraining order in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back