Best/Worst Britpop era bands (1 Viewer)

best (by best I mean quite good)
Pulp have their moments.
Lush - I love the song Ladykiller, mind you that's the only song by them i know.
Suede had their moments.
Salad had a great song called Your Ma.
Elastica were good when I saw them on Jools Holland. Saw them in the tivoli too but can't remember it.
Blur, their blur and 13 albums are good.

BEST: The Auteurs –they saved my from grunge…I hated grunge especially Pearl Jam….Rubbish
Elastica- first single I ever bought, I bunced with me sister, also I know they sounded like Wire but because I read that I went and bought Pink Flag, and then the flood gates opened….oh yeah and the fact I wouldn’t of minded being the meat in a Justine Donna sandwich wha wha!!!
Blur and Pulp had there moments.

Worst: think everyone has mentioned most of the ones I hated, oh yeah and These Animal Men.
Look at these tools:
221566_m.jpg

The Chart Show on UTV Saturday mornings was where it was at for all your top end indie video madness.

Your one Lauren from Kenickie and the singer from Sleeper was tasty too as I remember

Not that anyone will remember them but the Warmjets were quite good
I remember them. I saw them play a gig in the Red Box with (rather bizarrely) Asian Dub Foundation and Stereophonics. I think it was one of those NME gigs.

Worst Britpop bands: Shed Seven, Sleeper, Dodgy, Cast, Echobelly, Gene

excuse my ignorance but what is/was NWONW????
New Wave of New Wave. These Animal Men, S*M*A*S*H, elastica etc, popular late 93/early 94, before Britpop took over. Elastica kinda carried on into Britpop due to Justine going out with Damon.

what about Irish Britpop bands? Were Bawl Britpop?

Anyway, it all passed me by as I was an Aran sweater in those days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back