Best/Worst Britpop era bands (2 Viewers)

deadly! this was good too,definitely a whack of Manson off it though!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I fucking loved Mansun! great band except for that last album was a bit dodgy,but the first two and the B sides,savage stuff!

My Vitriol,...they're still going!

I had a Space t-shirt.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

anyway,

a song and video for all the bands in this thread

I put on Little Kix for the first time in literally years the other week and it's aged surprisingly well. Even We are the Boys

I remember the video. Set in the baggage area of an airport....

some quick wikipedia-ing later - The Unbelieveable Truth. yeah, they were awful

For about 6 months that guy was pestering me on MySpace. From Russia.

WTF?!

Anyway, best = Boo Radleys...
Supergrass had one AMAZING record (ISC) and then each album has had only a few decent tunes. Shame.

Still, that's better than Oasis...

the unbelievable truth hah!

I was young and impressionable and believed that anyone from thom yorke's gene pool had to be talented

unfortunately thom got more than just the wonky eye...

Super Furries had a lot of good albums but I wouldn't lump them in with brit pop. I love the keyboard players name.

Is he Bunf ?

They were around that time anyway the heady days of 1996 and Fuzzy Logic couldn't be any more pop.

Yeah that's got all the hallmarks of britpop.

this was britpop incarnate!

Is he Bunf ?

They were around that time anyway the heady days of 1996 and Fuzzy Logic couldn't be any more pop.

Yeah that's got all the hallmarks of britpop.

Ok I'll concede that one but the whole techno and psych influence still puts me off calling them britpop. Wikipedia says they were a "cut above their brit pop peers" so that's me told.

His name is Cian Ciaran.

The outro here is possibly my personal highlight of britpop. How it never made it to MOTD goal of the month theme song glory is beyond me I can always hear Motty squeeling "BERGKAAAAMP that is sensational" over it.

I remember that song at the time. I remember being a bit surprised that this incredibly hyped band's biggest song barely had a chorus.

They may have been good, I don't think I ever heard anything else by them

can someone post a link to Candy Flip's version of Strawberry Fields Forever (I have no youtube access in work).

It prompted a plethora of early-teen people to start wearing those hoodie tops with the flowery designs (like yer man wore in the video)

so other than blur, did anyone survive britpop with thier creativity intact?? i heard something by paul weller yesterday that would make a great westlife song. i do understand he predates britpop somewhat.

so other than blur, did anyone survive britpop with thier creativity intact?? i heard something by paul weller yesterday that would make a great westlife song. i do understand he predates britpop somewhat.

humm,

Supergrass - I don't know all their recent albums but they seem to do as they please

Ash - still going strong. Whether they were ever any good in the first place is a whole different issue

Mansun - didn't get good till they dropped the Britpop stuff, although they're not around any more

Super Furry Animals - they're still good I think? ask ernesto

Ocean Colour Scene - as 'creative' as they've ever been

Jarvis Cocker - has released a fair bit in recent years, Pulp never really got bad

Bluetones - still releasing albums and touring, they've an album out this year methinks

Sleeper - er, Louise Wener is a relatively successful author these days isn't she?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back