Best way to lose a beer belly... (1 Viewer)

I tried something similar a while ago, about 6 or 7 weeks off the beer and it made no difference. I concluded that my problem is eating massive dinners and not getting enough exercise.

Yeah. I live on coffee all morning and barely eat anything before dinner. Terrible habit. Plus I hate exercise. Well, walking is fine but I'd hardly call that 'exercise'. Running or going to a gym seems like torture. I already do enough things I hate on a daily basis so I'm not going to add either of those. In the past 5 weeks I've only broke for drink twice, have been forcing myself to eat breakfast and lunch and walking 40+ miles a week. I've only lost 7 pounds. It's depressing. I do have a decent tan, which I've never had in my life though. It's weird, people keep asking me where I went on holiday. I guess that's what happens when you wake up early on a weekend and see some sun.

I suppose it depends, I imagine if you are 6 foot something 100 k a week cycling lad, it would be different from a 5 foot something lazy ass girl who occasionally cycles somewhere.

To me, what's scary is someone like Roy Keane eating salads or Damien Duff being banned from eating pasta and bread. These are pro athletes training every day and playing a match at the weekend. If they can't get away with eating spuds and pasta every day what hope has the average person.

To me, what's scary is someone like Roy Keane eating salads or Damien Duff being banned from eating pasta and bread. These are pro athletes training every day and playing a match at the weekend. If they can't get away with eating spuds and pasta every day what hope has the average person.

Or the girl I saw in the gym who doesn't have enough muscle or flesh on the back of her arm to hold up her skin, who was just starting to work out after probably not eating for a week. v:(.

Losing 7 pounds in 5 weeks is pretty good. That's half a stone
agreed! that is a LOT of weight to lose in just over a month, problem is we're fooled by magazines etc into thinking unless we lose 7lbs a week then we're not doing anything right. :rolleyes:
Plus the longer it takes to lose then the more you can sustain the sort of lifestyle it took to lose it.

Some people find it harder to lose weight than others - I needed to lose a stone at the end of last year and I've lost nearly all of it but I go up and down a few lbs every few weeks depending on if I've had time to exercise or not. It took me longer than it might have if I'd been really really strict, but fuck it I believe you have to live too and if I want cake I'll have cake ;)
If you lose weight by doing it in an unsustainable way then it'll never stay off.

give up the meat and dairy everyone,i barely got a pick on me and cant put on weight for the life of me.

I think people have their ideal weight too, I got really strict for about a month or so and exercised madly and stuff but stayed the same weight I have been for the last few years. judging by my clothes anyway. think you can get to a certain point and then the metabolism slows right on down.

My ex was a total savage for the food and sweets and three dinners and stuff and is still stick thin, at one stage he was loosing weight while consuming vast amounts of food.

maybe he had the worms.

yeah, just get worms and you can eat what you like, sorted.
there have to be people that do that

'the diet of worms'

sorry

fat_banished_using_tapeworms.jpg

tapeworms.jpg

It took me longer than it might have if I'd been really really strict, but fuck it I believe you have to live too and if I want cake I'll have cake ;)

Oh, I have cake. In fairness, the food I normally eat is good it's just my bad habits of skipping meals. I eat tons of fruit and veg because I actually like them. I baked cookies for a girl at work last week and ate a tray and half of them. I love cookies out of the oven. I walked from Howth Station to Rathmines (20k/12miles) and with my apartment in sight... I still stopped at Aprile's and got chips! I have no will power at giving things up. I'll say I won't do something and then, of course, it's what I do.

Apprently I've started to eat "man" dinners of late, my brothers advice to avoid weight gain....

"A good dose of bulimia would do you no harm".

:eek:.

I'm getting me a big room in town with ten drum kits.

"Pounds away the minor threat way!"

Put on the complete collection and everybody has to play all the songs, in time, twice. I guarantee a stone off in two months. Plus you get to learn how to play drums. ( a bit). I have no idea why so many metal drummers are fatties. Punx got it nailed. Jeff nelson is the scrawny git on the left.

1014062_356x237.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back