Best way to lose a beer belly... (1 Viewer)

TonyLittle_REV.jpg

I've decided to carry out an experiment. Should I start a new thread? I had a load of Guinness last night. I am going to weigh myself right now. Then no alcohol for a month and not change anything else (no diet or excercise more than I already do) and weigh myself and see what happens. What do you reckon?

I've decided to carry out an experiment. Should I start a new thread? I had a load of Guinness last night. I am going to weigh myself right now. Then no alcohol for a month and not change anything else (no diet or excercise more than I already do) and weigh myself and see what happens. What do you reckon?

go for it!!

How healthy is your diet and how much do you exercise at the moment?

yep go for it!
you could be drinking 100s of extra calories in alcohol, so you'll deffo lose a few lbs I'd say.
The old adage 'eat less, move more', is generally the best way to lose weight. It can be hard to maintain your weight though if you've a very sweet tooth and have a sedentary job as I've found, sigh. So the gym and cutting down on crap's the only way to stay at a healthy weight.

i reckon you'll last til friday

not to be a negative nancy or anything, more of a realist rita

How healthy is your diet and how much do you exercise at the moment?

I eat pretty well, no fast food, no white bread and I cook most of my own food. I don't excercise formally at all but I would go for a swim or the odd game of football occasionally. I'm gonna weigh myself now and see where I'm at.

I tried something similar a while ago, about 6 or 7 weeks off the beer and it made no difference. I concluded that my problem is eating massive dinners and not getting enough exercise.

seriously start weighing out the recommended portions for food til you get the hang of what a normal portion size looks like. E.g. recommended portion of pasta is about 60-70 grammes which is about a third of a soup bowl when dry, looks like fuck all but always is enough. I always cooked way too much pasta and rice and then feel obliged to eat it all.

13st 6lb. So no beer from today and on the 22 of July I'll check again and see if there's any difference. Will I go out of my mind? What if I start eating cakes instead of drinking?

I eat pretty well, no fast food, no white bread and I cook most of my own food. I don't excercise formally at all but I would go for a swim or the odd game of football occasionally. I'm gonna weigh myself now and see where I'm at.

My friend gave up booze for a month. Didn't make much difference. Start running a couple of miles every day maybe. With no booze you won't be short of energy anyway. Hitting the weights too is a good idea.

seriously start weighing out the recommended portions for food til you get the hang of what a normal portion size looks like. E.g. recommended portion of pasta is about 60-70 grammes which is about a third of a soup bowl when dry, looks like fuck all but always is enough. I always cooked way too much pasta and rice and then feel obliged to eat it all.
I always thought those recommended portion sizes were there to make it seem you were getting better value from the products then you actually were. Are they seriously recommended portion sizes for adults?! Jaysus.

I always thought those recommended portion sizes were there to make it seem you were getting better value from the products then you actually were. Are they seriously recommended portion sizes for adults?! Jaysus.

I suppose it depends, I imagine if you are 6 foot something 100 k a week cycling lad, it would be different from a 5 foot something lazy ass girl who occasionally cycles somewhere.

i always cook way too much rice, leave it in a pot for a few days and then throw it in the bin.

Well yeah I eat too much until buttons need to be undone, and I can't move and then the rest goes in the dog, but I notice his neck is looking a bit wobbly these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back