Best way to lose a beer belly... (1 Viewer)

i really dont understand what any of your examples have to do with anything. 25 minutes of exercise a week / diets of pizza? it all just seems like a big red herring. i mean you get specific about the most absurd examples but then get completely vague about your "most people" examples. why not give best case examples?

your whole arguement is based around the idea of 'ease', which apparently means doing nothing, while the entire rest of the world would recommend a more active approach to the problem of 'losing a beer belly', i.e. - diet and exercise

anyway, you seem like the kind of person who will argue that black is white

I am NOT saying do not exercise.

I am saying that losing weight, BY EXERCISE, is very hard.

It is far easier to slightly reduce the amount of food you eat.

This is not misinformation. I know what I am talking about.

but if it comes to down to halfing the size of my dinners or running a couple of miles a few times a week I'd choose the running every time.

If your dinner is 1500cals, which is a small dinner, and you want to lose weight, and you halve it, you will have consumed 5250 cals less than you normally would.

Say you burn 100 cals per mile. That's 52 miles.

Say you burn 150 cals / mile. That's 35 miles.

35 miles is not a couple of extra miles.

So you can halve your dinner every day, or you can run one and a half marathons every week.

It doesn't seem to matter how many times I explain this.

Thing is, exercise builds muscle, which weighs more than fat.

You'll look less flabby even though you might weigh the same or more.

I am NOT saying do not exercise.

I am saying that losing weight, BY EXERCISE, is very hard.

It is far easier to slightly reduce the amount of food you eat.

This is not misinformation. I know what I am talking about.

maybe your theory assumes that the person trying to lose weight is already really fit and active like a boxer trying to get into some low weight category or something? not the average person with an office job who likes a drink.

anyway, in some cases it might not be the beer causing the belly, but the chips on the way home.

If your dinner is 1500cals, which is a small dinner, and you want to lose weight, and you halve it, you will have consumed 5250 cals less than you normally would.

So you can halve your dinner every day, or you can run one and a half marathons every week.

?

FAILURES

pavarotti_0905.jpg

demis_roussos_forever_and_ever_lp.JPG

beth-ditto.jpg

Poison.jpg

2848374812_b8b9b5d7d3.jpg

No offence flashback but the numbers you are coming up with are wrong, 1500 cal is quite a big dinner and therefore your argument doesn't make much sense. Also by eating significantly less you will slow your metabolism
right down. Exercise will have the opposite effect in speeding metabolism up.

It's been said already but every person is different and their bodies react in different ways, the best thing to do to lose weight is take a common sense approach i.e. one that doesn't include pizza or dismiss exercise as a waste of time. Avoid excess and try to find a balance that suits you.

pizza = bad? who knew? i will never stop eating pizza when there's a joint two doors up from me that does a 9 inch with 3 toppings for a quid. i'm a rake though and never put on weight

A few extra pounds can add years to your life: study

During the study period, from 1994/1995 through 2006/2007, underweight people were 70 percent more likely than people of normal weight to die, and extremely obese people were 36 percent more likely to die.

But overweight individuals were 17 percent less likely to die. The relative risk for obese people was nearly the same as for people of normal weight.

Fuck this,I've decided to embrace my girth.It's worth it for the buzz off cans.

how the hell is 5250 half of 1500?

also eating less may stop you gaining weight, but too lose weight you need to increase activity in your life

It's actually grossly simplistic to put weight gain down to a set of numbers and not factor in everything from metabolism, thyroid activity, how you commute to work, to the type of work youdo, right up to emotional factors that might affect eating habits...

I've no doubt you're a fit guy flashback and you understand your own health issues, but form some weight is way more then a simple (or incorrect) maths problem

It's actually grossly simplistic to put weight gain down to a set of numbers and not factor in everything from metabolism, thyroid activity, how you commute to work, to the type of work youdo, right up to emotional factors that might affect eating habits...

It comes down to;

1: what flashback said
2: metabolism
3: thyroid activity
4: how you commute to work
5: the type of work you do
6: emotional factors

and also if someone gives you some McDonalds big mack vouchers for christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back