Best way to lose a beer belly... (2 Viewers)

I eat and booze as much as I god damn want too, and I'm scrawny. That, of course, doesn't mean I eat or booze anywhere near as much as you fuckers. I'm a man of moderate appetites (in most things)

in fairness it is all about metabolism, which varies wildly from person to person

but still, fair fucks to us egg_, i raise my full irish breakfast pizza to you and toast you with my six pack of dutch gold

As a friend of mine once said, metaboliscepticaly© "there were no fat people in the concentration camps"

uter2gr2.gif

ahhh for fucks sake

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090624/tuk-big-mac-healthier-than-some-shop-sal-45dbed5.html

Shoppers may think they are going for the healthy option when choosing a green salad but it could be loaded with more calories than a Big Mac and fries.
they're not green salads, they're bite-size food with loads of mayonnaisey dressing bunged on
you'd have to be seriously codding yourself to think something made of pasta, meat and mayonnaise counted as a salad in the low-calorie sense

think i fancy a beef and potato salad for dinner (burger and chips chilled and cut into chunks)

i had a "salad" the other day, 8 deep fried spicy chicken tenders covered with cesar dressing on a bed of brocoli and lettuce.

Dear Thumped,

Whenever I weigh myself the morning after a beer-guzzling session, I always seem to have lost a few pounds. Is this just dehydration?

Yours Sincerely,

Leffe Hoegaarden

If I didn't eat bread, pasta and rice I'd be miserable, and as a result I'd lose the will to activity and I'd develop bed sores.

If you eat the brown varieties of all of those they're more filling and less bloat-y, and just generally better for you.

As for the metabolism/ genetics thing, coming from a long line of short fat women on both sides of my family I can confirm that it's not a myth. Some people have to work harder than others to stay thin and fit, this is a fact of life. It's not fair, and it doesn't give you an excuse to turn into Uter (see above).

I have friends the same age and build as me who can eat lots of crap and drink gallons more than me, don't exercise half as much and they're thinner than me. Lacky cahs.

in fairness it is all about metabolism, which varies wildly from person to person
Y'know, I kinda suspect this metabolism thing is a myth. In the common parlance, a "fast" metabolism means you can eat more without getting fat ... but there's the same energy content in food for everyone, so either people with "fast" metabolisms have less efficient guts or else they burn off energy in some other way. The ways people burn off energy are movement and heat, and if we're assuming that a "fast" metabolism doesn't just mean you move around more, then people with fast metabolisms must just be hotter.

Make sense? I'm not hotter though, my body temp (and blood pressure) is normally a bit below normal. Anybody fatter than me that I've ever spent any time with has always eaten noticeably more than me

Its hard to make it in the music biz if you're a fatso.

Y'know, I kinda suspect this metabolism thing is a myth. In the common parlance, a "fast" metabolism means you can eat more without getting fat ... but there's the same energy content in food for everyone, so either people with "fast" metabolisms have less efficient guts or else they burn off energy in some other way. The ways people burn off energy are movement and heat, and if we're assuming that a "fast" metabolism doesn't just mean you move around more, then people with fast metabolisms must just be hotter.

Make sense? I'm not hotter though, my body temp (and blood pressure) is normally a bit below normal. Anybody fatter than me that I've ever spent any time with has always eaten noticeably more than me

I used to work with a 5ft-tall guy who ate two Spar rolls or sandwiches for lunch everyday, and spoke lovingly of his giant dinners. I once went to Burger King with him where he got an XL Bacon Double cheeseburger meal, then, unsatisfied, got a footlong meatball marinara in Subway straight after. He wasn't fat in the slightest and he had dodgy knees which stopped him from exercising much.
He either had a worm or a really fast metabolism.

so either people with "fast" metabolisms have less efficient guts or else they burn off energy in some other way.
or more efficient metabolisms, surely? :confused:

you said you think metabolism is a myth and then gave a list of things that don't make sense unless there's some process to explain them...which would be variable metabolism from person to person

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back