Best of the year. (2 Viewers)

i don't know why it took so long to find you, i just realised that that's you in your avatar... is that polar bear in the background about to eat your head?

weeler said:
i don't know why it took so long to find you, i just realised that that's you in your avatar... is that polar bear in the background about to eat your head?
well spotted.

Best Zine - Don't read anymore .
Best Movie - Old Boy(dunno if it was this year and don't care , cos it was sum good shit !).
Best Irish Band - Meh ? .. i'm sure if I saw some more .. i'll just say BIITG,Serpents .. cos other people have ..
Best New To Me Bands :Xiu Xiu , Shoplifting , Death From Above 1979 , Blonde Redhead , Prurient.
Best Old Band I Heard This Year : ... Sun City Girls ..
Best Gig - Dillinger escape plan ..
Best Record - not the Boredom's record anyway ..it was only OK.
Overall View of 2004 - i liked it .. it was good .. i want to do it again .. next year ..
Predictions for 2005:a fusion of far east traditional music,power electronics,hip hop , sassyness .. and far out stuff . .. hopefully . ..

best irish album - northstation
"sound out to the max!" award - brian my remorse, and leo
most predictable occurrence of the year - jamie having a baby who makes an unholy racket
surprise of the year - me regaining my sanity, me starting smoking after all the times i've given out about it
best fillum - old boy
best buke - phantoms in the brain, v.s. ramachandran
best shoes - my new ones
worst thing - suicides in the fambly
best fest - think the only ones i was at were ladyfest and 1 in 12 in feb
best table quiz team - STILLBORN PRIEST
best christmas present so far - alien warrior replica wall mount, oh yeah!!!!

Best venue: that placed that kat named on o connel street.

Best zine: when did "Fuck This Zine" come out? If that was last year then Pirate Ghost.

Best new band: Burn it to the ground

Best older band I finally got more stuff by: Restless

Biggest loss: Meros

Biggest spas: cabra park "middle flat/ came in off the street" nutters with the hoover pole.

Niceness award to: girl in the bathrooms in voodoo who gave me neurofen when I couldnt see with the headache. Thank you kind stranger.

Best alcohol discovery: Martinis

Best gig: a Kilcoole gig where I saw Easpa Measa for the first time.

Predictions for 2005: less gigs in dublin, plenty of emigration, more zines, more protests.

General "fair fucks to ye" awards to: Jil and Damo, Dylan, Kilcoole crowd, Gorilla Nurse/crookedy gaff gig attenders.

people of the year: leo, everyone from cork for continus hospitality. thanks again.

best irish cds: [r]oas- titan/ serpents-demo/stand-up guy- in fixation conspire,
easpa measa- denounce and dethrone,wreak of the hesperus- terminal dirge, rest- burning in water( was it released this year or last?)/ 20bulls each-

best irish bands (live)- de nessoves/ burn it to the ground/ my remorse/ the boy you hit is dead/20 bulls each/ mael mordha/ sinister demise/ redneck manifesto

best films- gozu/ bad santa/ old boy/ shaun of the dead/ anchor man/dawn of the dead
best irish gigs: converge/ isis/ jazz weekend/ my remorse last weekend/ hope of the states/suffocation/ stand-up guy+zillah+black sun.

best uk gigs: beecher+norma jean+ d-rail/ sick of it all+ most precius blood+bleeding through/cephalic carnage (all london)
cult of luna+textures+red stars parade/ pig destroyer+narcosis+halo (leeds), circle takes the square+ trencher/ nostomo+jeniferever( bermingham)
mastodon+nostomo (nottingham)

best oldband reciently discovered: lethargy/floor/pretty girls make graves.
best new band: red stars parade.

overall a really good year. plenty of quality bands/ gigs/films.|..| ;) :cool:

Best Zine - Sweet Olive 2

Best Irish Album - Puget Sound/Kid Blunt split

Best International album- Where You Are And Where You Want To Be -On The Might Of Princes

Best Gigs- Against Me!/Ghost Mice in the field

Best Set- My Remorse -last Sunday ..Puget Sound at Fallout

Best Venue - City Arts Centre

Best Discovery -the room downstairs in St Paddys Hall Greystones

Best Film - Between Resistance And Community

Best new Bands - Almost Cliché, Gorilla Nurse

Best Old band discovered this year - Gout

Best Festival - DIY Fest or Fallout mmm...

Most striking occurences of the year - Mayday hype

Biggest loss of the year - St Patricks Hall Kilcoole

Award for above and beyond the call of duty -Damo & Jill, Willie & Natalia, Conor

Overall impression of irish punk 2004 - really posi year over all

Predictions for 2005 - up hill, a few bumps maybe but isnt that waht makes it fun!

Best Gaf: -The Bambrick mansion

Kudos for holding Kilcoole scene together: Deirdre Whitfield

Best Zine - Morgenmuffel, Attitude Problem, Warning.

Best Gigs - Viha/Disease (Copenhagen), Motorhead (Copenhagen), Crude (Hamburg), Cat o' Nine Tails (Magpie House, Dublin).

Best Band - Dischausage.

Best Venue - Ungdomshuset.

Best Alcohol - Fisherman's.

Best Old band discovered this year - Appendix.

Best Festival - GGI/K-Town/Bradford last Feb/Anti-Racist World Cup.

Best thing to come out of Ireland - Ian, to Copenhagen.

Most predictable occurence of the year - People giving out about crust....get over it lamewads, why are people so threatened by this!?

Most ridiculous session of the year - K-Town...waking up with a new tattoo...

Most striking occurence - outbreak of hilarious yet ill-judged DIY tattoos/punk migration abroad/fuckin babies an' all!??

Overall impression of irish punk 2004 - why is everyone only making emo zines, why doesn't anyone listen to real punk?

Best Thing of 2004 - not living in Ireland/having an actual practice space and 5 bands, yeehaw!!

Fantasy predictions/predictions for 2005 - people forming raw noisy punk bands and playing ugly music, more tattoos, people making anarcho/crust/thrash/uuugh! zines, more studded jackets and bullet belts, more people taking more trips abroad.

DeAd_KeV said:
why is everyone so threatened by emo? or crust for that matter. why cant we all just accept that some people like crust and some people like emo? and some like both?!
.|..|

Not threatened by emo, I'd just prefer if there was more of a balance or if more people had more of a mix of music with the personal stuff in their zines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back