Best Domain Name Company? (1 Viewer)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
hiyaz,
I'm wondering which is the best domain name provider. I see godaddy seems to be cheap but I wanna know if it is reputable etc. So does anyone have vast experience with registering domain names and would ya recommend one or other of the companies?

godaddy are cheap, actually signed up to them before but they suspended my account shortly afterwards coz i spoofed the domain name contact details (and they make you pay to have them hidden.) - fuck that.

I'm currently with www.dreamhost.com, very cheap 30 bucks (i used a promo code) hosting for the year including one free domain name. Their control panel gives you access to just about everything you need to do and they allow Shell access (and screen isn't even disabled). Here's a coupon code for that which hopefully is still valid http://www.modder.org/dreamhost-promo-code/ , it'll save you a helluva lot on a yearly plan (the crazy domain insane hosting plan)

I bought three domain names of godaddy and will soon buy a forth. All at €14 for two years each. Not sure if there is cheaper, but pretty happy with that.

I then get free hosting from a generous friend with massive server space, piggybacking on their site, or in one case of a very minimal site use a free hosting site, and redirect to those through the ol' domain forwarding.

you can go with any domain name provider, doesn't matter much. but make sure you get the whois privacy. I realized that www.dreamhost.com is good with about $10 per year for domain names and whois privacy is included.

If you take their hosting plan they offer one domain name free. I found a promo code DREAMPROMO4U on www.hosting-promo-code.net for the most discounted dreamhost hosting plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back