best album of 2004 so far??? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter buck
  • Start date
  • Replies 69
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 7
I forgot to mention Tracer AMC's "Flux and Form"...I really dig this record.

Some Electric and Blue Thread are two songs that I could merrily slap on repeat all day long.

eoinbox said:
didnt think anyone was into joanna newsom. shes fuckin excellent, and apparantly she's playin the sugar club on the 30th sept.
i concur. looking forward to the gig. gotta be in dublin around then anyway conveniently enough.

most my favourites were already mentioned ...

sunn o))) - white 2 (the thorr's hammer dommedagsnatt reissue is deadly as well)
joanna newson - milk eyed mender
devendra banhart - rejoicing in the hands (haven't heard the new one yet ... or is it even out yet?)
squarepusher - ultravisitor
einsturzende neubauten - perpetuum mobile
madvillain - madvillainy (haven't heard vik vaughn 2 yet)

only got venomous concept - retroactive abortion in the last two weeks or so but that's fairly cool also. really like the waiting room album too.
i'm sure i'm forgetting loads more though. loads more i haven't picked up yet as well ... new mastodon, old man gloom, wolf eyes, black dice (the miles of smiles ep was cool though ... was that this year?), bjork, tom waits and loads more. got the new(ish) comets on fire one on order too along with birchville cat motel and ivytree ones so looking forward to hearing them as well.

1)PINBACKS BACK CATALOGUE,(which i've only really got into in 04)
2)The Shins- chutes to narrow
3)The Killers- Hot Fuss (although i do agree the closing tracks weaken it!)
4)Modest Mouse- Good news for people who like bad news
5)Jeff Martin- spoons

not yet heard Rednecks new one/ Jape / Large Mound OR Sonic Youth-sonic nurse......jeez i really hafta catch up!the god news is ive stopped downloading+ burning and have all of my top 5+ avec artwork/real packaging:)

clonan attack said:
3)The Killers- Hot Fuss (although i do agree the closing tracks weaken it!)
like both singles and the one album track i've heard of this. afghan whigs meets depche mode. might get this album. *HATE* the names though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back