Bertie Ahern. (2 Viewers)

we are still such a young country.
it will be a good few years yet before the FF voters finally cop on that Corruption isnt doing us any favours.

Yeah, but the US is six times as old as Ireland as a nation and look what's happened there. People only wake up to the problem of corruption when they lose their house, or someone close to them dies because they can't afford a life-saving operation.

Is it going to have to get to that stage before people in Ireland wake up to what is happening? Because there's more than enough evidence there. You can't even argue anymore that people are being duped because it's so obvious it can hardly be called deception.

Bertie is just waiting til the Lisbon Treaty gets passed and he's up for the presidency there. He'll fuck off to a handy job there and not care one bit about Ireland and then claim whats the big deal lads about this corruption business sure I resigned isnt that enough for ye?

I'm waiting for some androgynous Ógra Fianna Fáil enthusiast to make a "Leave Bertie Alone!" video for You Tube.
leave%2Bbertie%2Bahern%2Ba%2Bloan%2Bgrafitti.jpg

Jaysus. It's just insane.

I can't really imagine how any of the Fianna Failers can still be standing behind him. Where are you from again, Classic seanc?

What also really worries me is the way the Mary Harney At The Super Bowl just dropped off the radar. The story was only covered really because she missed a Dail debate on cystic fibrosis. The real fucking story is, well, what the fuck was she doing meeting with health care pricks in the US? And also, I'm wondering who gave her those tickets? Because if she were a US politician, taking them would be hugely illegal if they came from a private individual with any interest at all in the health industry -- I imagine it's the same here.

Check this out, the Arizona description of what she was doing there:

http://www.azcapitoltimes.com/story.cfm?id=8090

Visiting private hospitals and meeting with 'leaders in the industry'? What the fuck is she doing taking advice from a health system that is beyond broken?

You should also note that the article has some light comic relief:

Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread here. I just don't understand why there isn't more worried chatter about what Mary is doing finding facts in the US. I hardly believe she was looking for mistakes she could avoid repeating.

she's trying to privatise the health service so that her friends can get contracts to build shite new hospitals that will be useless. shes probably looking for some ideas about the best way to do it. lets get her!

she's trying to privatise the health service so that her friends can get contracts to build shite new hospitals that will be useless. shes probably looking for some ideas about the best way to do it. lets get her!

But I am far too mesmerised by her stormy blue eyes. She is....she is as enchanting as all the tablepiddling skies in all the patiodampening galaxies in all the hospitalprivatising universes. OH MARY, YOU MOVE MY STATUES FROM BALLINSPITTLE TO MY HEART AND BACK AGAIN.

Plug, I can't get to that article anymore, either. Must be one of those things where it's free for the first few weeks but you have to subscribe to read the archive. Gah.

The opposition has done itself no favours in trying to get Bertie to admit. I dont care if any of this is true, although every politician i've known has broken rules in order to get what they want done, be it honourable or dishonourable.

Fianna fails policies are starting to look a little tired, and their quiet desire for economic wealth will always come before the state of their country's integrity. But that said, i'm not all to keen on listening to the ramblings of an opposition that cant seem to accomplish anything themselves either.

Jesus this is boring.

Are people so desensitised to corruption that they don't care?
yes.
i've had people tell me that you have to expect a bit of corruption, that corruption is needed to grease the wheels., etc.

then they start giving out about the state of the hospitals and i can't respond because i'm foaming at the mouth with sheer incomprehension that they see no connection.

Country Tom Parlon, former PD party President, took up a position as head of the Construction Industry Federation(CIF) after being defeated in the last elections.

His builder buddies need something to work on as House building work evaporates - numbers over houses completed looks like it will be down ~40% this year...

one detail i had missed was that bertie went from having no bank accounts to 23 in the space of a year. no wonder the poor chap can't remember the details. we can't blame the guy for having a poor grasp of financial concepts.

there does seem to be a burgeoning amount of anti-bertie graffiti around.

one thing i still can't get my head around - bertie authorised £30k from FF funds for his missus, with no intention of paying it back (despite all he claims to the contrary), and that's perfectly alright?
is this some bizarre episode of 'candid camera'?
FFers have had to step down over getting the wrong man to paint their house. ian paisley junior resigned over having talked to the wrong people at the wrong time.
it's beyond farcical at this stage. people keep giving out about the opposition - the opposition is probably just stunned at the sheer monolithic arrogance of bertie and his cronies.

one thing i still can't get my head around - bertie authorised £30k from FF funds for his missus, with no intention of paying it back (despite all he claims to the contrary), and that's perfectly alright?

I don't see the problem. We've all looted tens of thousands of euros of party money at one stage or another, it's just one of those things you go through when you're growing up, like smoking fags, bunking off school, or punching women in the face.

Man of the people, see.

what is funny is how stupidly pathetic the ammounts of money are, okay 30k is probably the biggest sum yet, but it's all been 5k here, 4k there... come guys, if you're going to risk your intergrity and carrer on some shady deals, at least have the dignity to do it for top dollar

we're all so lame

Pantone247 said:
what is funny is how stupidly pathetic the ammounts of money are, okay 30k is probably the biggest sum yet, but it's all been 5k here, 4k there... come guys, if you're going to risk your intergrity and carrer on some shady deals, at least have the dignity to do it for top dollar

we're all so lame

This is kind of what I was thinking. It'd be like an art thief rigging up some really sophisticated system of roof-hopping, wall-rapelling, laser-glass-cutting thievery and then robbing Grogan's. Totally lame. At least CJ had the balls to buy islands and 10k shirts, not semi-detached and shopping sprees in Penneys.

Anyone have an idea who brought/bought Mary Harney to the Superbowl. Starting prices for tickets this year were 7K US, and I very much doubt she was sitting in the nosebleed section. Would say her ticket could of been worth 40K? Who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back