Bert Jansch (1 Viewer)

potlatch said:
You do it.

Okay.

Live Review:

Bert Jansch
Whelans May 11th

Bert Jansch is very old now, and you can tell because he was absolutely crap tonight. He forgot all the words to his songs and kept asking for Bovril through out his 15 minute set. After receiving sustained verbal abuse from the crowd, he stood up and was heard to mumble something along the lines of 'old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be' and ambled of the stage to go to bed in a bad mood. The punters were then charged an extra €21 just to leave the venue.

Tha-tha- that's all folkies.

Wheels said:
Okay.

Live Review:

Bert Jansch
Whelans May 11th

Bert Jansch is very old now, and you can tell because he was absolutely crap tonight. He forgot all the words to his songs and kept asking for Bovril through out his 15 minute set. After receiving sustained verbal abuse from the crowd, he stood up and was heard to mumble something along the lines of 'old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be' and ambled of the stage to go to bed in a bad mood. The punters were then charged an extra €21 just to leave the venue.

Tha-tha- that's all folkies.
Ouuch.

Aye it was good. He played solo. It was great to see the lad in action, he didn't seem too ill and all but started making some mistakes towards the end. Real sad. He kept away from Needle of Death which was good and played something from the Poor Mouth album, I think. Oh My Father was really great but the JC Frank stuff he played was incredible. Best stuff of the night.

Shame about the talkers.

Making some mistakes??? What the fuck? He made the odd mistake near the end, but it hardly affected how the song ran. He was fucking amazing, like watching a master. He played the most intricate guitar music I've ever seen live and it calmly flowed out of him. The JC Frank stuff was unbelievable. And he also did three songs as an encore, and said he enjoyed playing the gig.

It was great to see and hear a real Folk singer/songwriter/guitarist, unlike the laughable drivle we pass off in this country as folk, when some whiney cunt decides to strum out D's and G's all night, like fuckin G Hansard (who was in the audience. Barf!)

Best gig I've seen in ages.

Im so pissed off I missed this.Tried to get a ticket yesterday and it was sold out,been working the last two weeks straight so couldnt get into town.What Jackson C Frank songs did he play?:mad:

Bunny said:
Making some mistakes??? What the fuck? He made the odd mistake near the end, but it hardly affected how the song ran. He was fucking amazing, like watching a master.
Ah yeah, just he seemed knackered at the end. All I'm saying is I was kinda shocked by it for some reason. I'm with you though, sometimes I had to remind myself that I was actually seeing him play right in front of me. I've waited years for that moment. The way he bent those notes while still playing the fingerpicking was genius.

Fingerpickin' good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back