Bert Jansch (2 Viewers)

Does anyone know if this is sold out?Once again I cant get to town to buy a ticket..

I seen him in Whelan's in 1998 when I was doing work experience thing with the sound engineer. He was really good but his nerves were shot and kept missing notes. I got to do the sound for the last half hour of the gig as the engineer had to go to another gig in Bad Bobs. When I say do the sound I should really say turn the reverb down when he was talking between songs and tidy up after.

things haven't really been the same for the kids since rodrigo y gabriella started covering metallica songs - everything was in its right place and they knew what to think and then these hippy mexicans started belting out the rock. now bert jansch is an axe-weilding god of metal . . .

potlatch said:
Anyone know what time Jansch is going on tonight? Is there any support or anything 'cos I have a do before it and I don't wanna miss anything.

A 'do'? Betty boo hoo to you. If you feel like you can't tear yourself away I'll take the ticket off your hands (but I'm not paying for it).

Wheels said:
A 'do'? Betty boo hoo to you. If you feel like you can't tear yourself away I'll take the ticket off your hands (but I'm not paying for it).
144531709_fd419b597c.jpg

FUCK YOU!!!

Ugh, why can't some people just shut the fuck up? Gig ruined by some bunch of youngsters talking all the way through the show.

Really great to have seen him (his bald spot anyway), though. Did anyone think he was getting really tired towards the end? Making loads of mistakes and stuff.

Surprisingly cool shoes.

I made a pact with myself a few gigs back to tell whoever was disturbing the peace to shut up, and I'm very glad I did. I've had to do it twice and it works! so much better than the old bottled rage ruined gig approach.

tell us more about the shoes...

plug said:
I made a pact with myself a few gigs back to tell whoever was disturbing the peace to shut up, and I'm very glad I did. I've had to do it twice and it works! so much better than the old bottled rage ruined gig approach.

tell us more about the shoes...
They were probably Marks & Sparks. He's mad for the white trainers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back