Battles fri may 25 tbmc (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 234
  • Views 19K
  • Watchers 11
BEST THING ABOUT THIS GIG WAS TALKIN' TO THAT DAVE-BASS-HOLD IT TOGETHER GUY IN THE PALACE.

TALKIN' 'BOUT DAVID LEE ROTH's RADIO SHOW.

HE KNOWS WHATS GOIN' ON.

ALLAHQUAANNNDO!!!

ha, did they go to the palace?i said to yr man Stanier its a pity they couldnt go on the piss cos i heard they were up early for Paris but he says " doesnt mean im not gettin pissed, where's good to go?"

Since you had just told me on the stairwell there was a few of ya headin to the Palace i told him there. Wish i'd gone now

THERE WAS LOADS OF US IN THE PALACE. PLAYED SOME OF MY WORST GAMES OF POOL EVER THAT NIGHT. IT RULED.

ENDED UP LISTENING TO FUNKADELIC IN A SITTING ROOM WITH THE FRONT OF A YATCH IN THE CORNER. THE WISE MAN HAS THE POWER....

MCDONALDQUAANNNDO!!!

what about storm and stress? there was a dude from talibam innit werent there?

Aural vomit. You might pass it off as avant garde if you were feeling polite. Yes Kevin Shea was the drummer. Ian Williams sings on some of their stuff. Which doesn't help matters either.

I didn't give it much of a chance to be honest.

Alright gig. Seriously good starting off. Tonto - rockin'.

Agreed. I bought the second album on the strength of Ian Williams and Jim O'Rourke producing. Complete pile of shite. So far up its own arse it's looking out its own mouth.

I just thought the sound was poor and it wasn't loud enough which I found made the whole thing pretty difficult to engage with.

It wasn't quite loud enough I suppose, but as I haven't been to too many gigs my ears aren't as desensitised as some people's might be. The only way I noticed that the sound was down a bit was that afterwards my ears weren't ringing for the night.

The only way I noticed that the sound was down a bit was that afterwards my ears weren't ringing for the night.

And this is a bad thing? The mind fucking boggles.

FWIW, I heard Jeremy and the house dude talking about the limiter (as in, if it gets above a certain loudness, the limiter kicks in and reduce the volume of the whole PA).
It pretty much went like this :

House Dude (pointing) - So here's the point where the limiter kicks in.
Battles Sound Dude - So if I go above that, it's not gonna cut out, just start sounding bad?
House Dude (nodding) - Right.

I like gigs that sound good.

i should have a clip up soon with pretty good sound. itll be a combination of an 8 track mix from the desk, a room mic and a mic on stage. sounds pretty good. its weird having tyondai's vocals on their own on a track.

also if anyone has any questions about what gear theyre using, they showed me a few bits and bobs of what they use.

i should have a clip up soon with pretty good sound. itll be a combination of an 8 track mix from the desk, a room mic and a mic on stage. sounds pretty good. its weird having tyondai's vocals on their own on a track.

also if anyone has any questions about what gear theyre using, they showed me a few bits and bobs of what they use.
spill the beans

Sounds obvious but I couldn't work out from where I was if Ty's guitar was jag, jazz or toronado. Any ideas?
well..heres the secret..its neither. its custom made replica. hybrid jazzmaster/toronado..couldnt recall the make though.

ian uses logic. he didnt really say for what though. i think he uses it to play out his soft synths. he also uses a headrush e2 for his guitar loops and he has an echoplex for the keys and other weird looped samples.
tyondai uses a moogerfooger ring oscilator amongst other things. he plays kontakt soft synths and he also uses an echoplex with foot switches. i think everything was running through the echoplex. for the effected vocals I THINK he was using an original whammy that he controlled using an external foot pedal. so the actual pedal was by his keys so he could switch the settings easily. he also had a few other pedals which i cant recall right now. now that i think about it i cant remember sseeing any distortion pedals.
dave uses 2 green line 6 pedals, a boss distortion pedal and he has a seperate amp for which the loops are played out of. he also uses the echoplex. he also has some red pedal.
stanier uses drums. oh yeah actually, i didnt get to ask him about it but he was using a rented kit but he put his own snare skin on. it was a black snare skin....never seen this before. sounded sweet though. really tight.

thats all i can think off for the minute. this is just speculation by the way. i was only really talking to tyondai about the echoplex and kontakt.

drool.jpg

I just went to the loo and when I wiped I saw some logic soft synths headrush e2 guitar loops echoplex looped samples moogerfooger ring oscilator kontakt soft synths echoplex with foot switches whammy external foot pedal green line 6 pedals boss distortion pedal echoplex some red pedal black snare skin echoplex and kontakt in my faeces.

well..heres the secret..its neither. its custom made replica. hybrid jazzmaster/toronado..couldnt recall the make though.

ian uses logic. he didnt really say for what though. i think he uses it to play out his soft synths. he also uses a headrush e2 for his guitar loops and he has an echoplex for the keys and other weird looped samples.
tyondai uses a moogerfooger ring oscilator amongst other things. he plays kontakt soft synths and he also uses an echoplex with foot switches. i think everything was running through the echoplex. for the effected vocals I THINK he was using an original whammy that he controlled using an external foot pedal. so the actual pedal was by his keys so he could switch the settings easily. he also had a few other pedals which i cant recall right now. now that i think about it i cant remember sseeing any distortion pedals.
dave uses 2 green line 6 pedals, a boss distortion pedal and he has a seperate amp for which the loops are played out of. he also uses the echoplex. he also has some red pedal.
stanier uses drums. oh yeah actually, i didnt get to ask him about it but he was using a rented kit but he put his own snare skin on. it was a black snare skin....never seen this before. sounded sweet though. really tight.

thats all i can think off for the minute. this is just speculation by the way. i was only really talking to tyondai about the echoplex and kontakt.

Do you know anything about Saxons setup? The word on the street is that Doug uses an aria pro III through a boss metal zone pedal. Discuss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back