Battles fri may 25 tbmc (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter u:m
  • Start date
  • Replies 234
  • Views 19K
  • Watchers 11
hum, a good, but not great gig. maby i was expecting to much? or was reading in to much hype?

I thought it was amazing. Simple fact is, I've never seen anything like this before. I loved the Mexican Wave thing they did with the riffage, where they all play a tiny bit. I felt dizzy. Such a happy buzz around the place as well.
I :heart: BATTLES

to be honest it was a great show but talking to the lads they said they werent comfortable with their sound and mixes. they arrived quite late so their sound-check was rushed.
such nice lads. that john stainer chap is such a gent. and watching ian williams warm up before the show was gas.
i got some good footage but im gonna try do the tripod gig on a bigger scale...

once again, u-mack scores a 10 out of 10. so glad there wasnt support too.

RLLY THGHT THT GG WS FCKNG DDLY.

Rockage... shame about it being in the Music Centre and all, but it wasn't really like anything I've heard before... and they seemed to be enjoying the shit out of it. Also playing the fretboard with your left hand whilst playing a keyboard (or laptop)...... thats so fucking cool. Its also very Rick Wakeman, but it absolutely ruled. I especialyl loved the bit where the guitarist on the stage left did a riff and then looped it and played the same riff over it and then another different riff and the band played against it... .dunno what tune but it was epic.

I have to say too that I haven't been to an awful lot of gigs, but this was unlike anything I've experienced. It struck me that the sound was very powerful, even though it wasn't actually ear-splittingly loud.

I thought it was amazing. Simple fact is, I've never seen anything like this before. I loved the Mexican Wave thing they did with the riffage, where they all play a tiny bit. I felt dizzy. Such a happy buzz around the place as well.
I :heart: BATTLES

thanks again for the ticket Edel, good ta meet ya and yeah also got huge buzz off the happy factor at this gig

I thought it was amazing. Simple fact is, I've never seen anything like this before. I loved the Mexican Wave thing they did with the riffage, where they all play a tiny bit. I felt dizzy.

playing the fretboard with your left hand whilst playing a keyboard (or laptop)...... thats so fucking cool. I especialyl loved the bit where the guitarist on the stage left did a riff and then looped it and played the same riff over it and then another different riff and the band played against it

god, im so glad i didnt go. sounds a bit boring really.

battles were deadly. i was compelled to nod my head all the way through. that hyundai blokes gesturing while he was singing was funny. the drummer is deadly.

Sweaty butt fun.

Really?
Didn't think it'd be that kinda gig.

Regret missing it...i'll be seeing them for the 5th time next week though, so suppose i shouldn't be too greedy.
Always surprised how much that dude from Lynx (Dave?) actually holds the whole thing together while the other 2 noodle around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back