bastards (2 Viewers)

i don't approve of post-graduates. they're a bunch of useless cunts on a completely unjustified power trip. committed, promising undergrads are much better.

[font=Verdana, Arial]heres the councillors jumping on bandwagon article from front page of of one of locals

New Ross’s councillors reacted with shock and disgust to the government’s decision to uproot 45 asylum seekers, (ten of whom are children), from the Old Rectory and to relocate them in Cork having given them only six days’ notice.

David Looby

The majority of the asylum seekers, (who are women from Burundi and Somalia), have been living in the Old Rectory, Rosbercon, for over two years and have made a positive impact on the community, according to the councillors.

They received a fax on Friday telling them that they will be collected at the Old Rectory at 11a.m. on Thursday

Fianna Fáil Cllr. Michael Sheehan described the situation as “a disgraceful way to treat people.” He expressed his concerns about the future of the Old Rectory and said these people have done their best to integrate, adding that the town should be grateful for all they have contributed to it during their time here. “They’ve enriched our lives and they won’t be going without a fight from us,” he said

Fine Gael Cllr. Ray Lawlor said a lot of the asylum seekers have integrated very well within New Ross and were involved in the Rosbercon Folk Choir and the town’s theatre group. He pointed out that at no stage has the government looked like they had a proper handle on the management of the asylum seekers.

“There has been property bought which has never been used, or which has been used and which was then sold on at a loss. Also anybody who works with asylum seekers seems to be at loggerheads with the government over their handling of asylum seekers.”

Labour Cllr. Ingrid O’Brien said the situation is horrific. “A lot of these people have been here for years. Their children have made friends here and have put down roots in as much as you can in a hostel-type environment. To leave them five or six days’ notice to go to some unfamiliar place as if they were lumps of meat is unconscionable.”

Sinn Féin’s Cllr. John Dwyer said it is astonishing a government agency that claims to want to integrate asylum seekers has decided to move the residents of the Old Rectory when they have settled in New Ross.

Tomás Kavanagh (FF) said he has worked with a number of the affected women in St. Michael’s Theatre through inter-culture concerts. “It seems very strange: they have put down roots. To have to move so quickly must be a huge change for them. We’d be very sad to see them go, especially on such short notice.”

Cllr. Sean Connick (FF) expressed surprise at the announcement, adding that he wishes the women and children well in Cork. He said there was uncertainty as to how they’d settle in Rosbercon initially but added that they acclimatized exceptionally well.

Cllr. Victor Furness (FG) expressed disgust at the thought of people being evicted with such short notice. “These people have caused no problems to anyone in the community. There must be a hidden agenda,” he said.

Cllr. Bobby Dunphy (Lab) stated it does not make sense to replace the women and children with men. “Why move people who are settled just to provide new accommodation for people? I wonder if there’s an ulterior motive behind this.

“Perhaps the Department is looking to keep these people as alienated as possible so they have no local back up for when they receive their deportation papers.”

Martin Malone, chairperson of the RAPID Community of Vice Committee said Brendan Howlin has taken up the issue with the government, adding that the women will be sorely missed as they have contributed a great deal to New Ross.

[/font]

its the fucking returning ex pats with their arsenil tatoos and their imaginary crack head friends that piss me off.janer if youve a shitty flat its probably because you let those little rat dogs you have shit all over the place..................................................................fair play conor

fair fucks for getting this issue so much exposure Conor, it stinks a bit though that the local councillors are trying to make some political capital out of the situation when they realised the line that was being taken by yourselves and others in new ross

byrneos said:
its the fucking returning ex pats with their arsenil tatoos and their imaginary crack head friends that piss me off.janer if youve a shitty flat its probably because you let those little rat dogs you have shit all over the place..................................................................fair play conor
lol,:p

My very favouritest thing is when people start giving out to me about the 'immigrants'.

"You mean the blacks, right?"

"No, I mean in general."

"You must mean blacks because if you didn't, you wouldn't say it to me, now would you?"

"But you're American."

"But I've settled here, which makes me an immigrant."

"But you're not sponging off the State."

"Oh, I get it. I'm not a sponger because I'm white and anglophone. Anyone who isn't is either a sponger or is guilty until proven innocent. And being the recipient of paltry State benefit is a crime."

"No."

"I don't get it then. What do you mean by 'immigrants'?"

Seriously, if you mean blacks, just say 'I hate blacks'. I'll still think it's despicable, but at least you're saying what you mean.

Conor, that's fucking bullshit what's happening. They go on and on about how 'the fodduners don't integrate', but then they make damn sure no one gets fucking comfortable enough to do so. It makes me really sad. Please let us all know what we can do.

Have you contacted Cohmlamh? I don't know what they can do, and maybe you've already gotten in touch, but they might be a good bunch to work with. In fact, I know they're a good bunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back