Basta! ALL AGES gig Friday 4th March Greystones 6 - 11pm (2 Viewers)

thanks to all involved,and special thanks to Andy from Estel for saving me with a guitar amp.
Sorry we couldn't stick around for all the bands.

good gig.thanks to the organisers but why did no one tell me there was coal all over my face for the whole thing?Gary?? !bing

Why do things have to go wrong?? Let alone many things...

It looked like it was set to be gig of the century, then bass drums and non existent plug boards started rearing their old heads... Pricks.

Also, what is in the head of scumbags? About five of them tried to storm the gig and beat up Brook even though there was about 150 people standing around looking at them. Are they crazy?? Maybe not, I'm sure they know people aren't going to beat them up or something. Imagine five "hippies" had a go at starting a fight at one of those lad's parties with about 100 of their mates there... Kicked to mush.

250 turnout, more than Against Me!

1 window broken in the venue.

7 windows broken in the school beside the venue.

3 of our names taken by the pigs.

I was picking up cans around the venue at 8.30 on Sat moring and a cop walks over and telling me 7 windows were smashed next door in the school, and started asking me all questions about Basta!, what it means etc., who's the "leader" and trying to get addresses. I went on the whole doing it for the kids buzz n he said intentions were good but there was no proper supervision, no control on all the drinking, no proper fire exit and that they'd have to object to our doing gigs. I told him it was the last gig there anyway (future gigs will be in the new hall) and that things weren't usually that mad. I told it it was probably the scumbags starting fights who broke the windows but he said that we were the attrattion.

Me and Conor had to stay in the freezing all all night tiding it up. When i opened the door in the morning the basketball courts were covered in broken glass and cans. Turlough and 2 others had picked up most cans around the venue tho. me n conor had to go thru 3 bags of rubbish, most of which were cans and glass and recyle it all.

Maddest gig ever, but people complete disrespect for "No Drinks or Drugs" is very disheartening and if there is another Greystones gig we will be searching bags. I've got a cold now n i feel like shit and to be honest picking up stciky cans and broken glass isn't my idea of fun, which at the end of the day these gigs are supposed to be all about.

That sucks man, won't be hassling you if you search people's bags after they acted like that, some people fucked up the back room in the voodoo lounge when me and barry put on that gig and we had to store the backline there - which sucked..

Just name and shame.

:(

Ha sounds like working in Giros again! My favourite clean-up act was when some kid knocked over a huge barrel of grease/fat out the back at a gig one Friday night, and we had to spend about 4 hours or so the next day cleaning it up. I liked the way it was a nice sunny Saturday and the sun made it all smell like puke. Good thing I'd already smelt this sort of thing from my day job, Bernard was near throwing up at one point, ha-ha! I think we probably spent about £20 on cleaning products that day.

Dylan said:
I was picking up cans around the venue at 8.30 on Sat moring and a cop walks over and telling me 7 windows were smashed next door in the school, and started asking me all questions about Basta!, what it means etc., who's the "leader" and trying to get addresses. I went on the whole doing it for the kids buzz n he said intentions were good but there was no proper supervision, no control on all the drinking.

Did you point out to the cop that you simply hire the hall to put on a gig, for which you have obtained insurance and everything, and if people are going to act like total dicks OUTSIDE the venue then no amount of supervision will stop them? Did you inform the pigs that people are responsible for their own actions and that you are not some sort of legal guardians for them? Did you ask the pigs if they will be stopping off-licenses from selling drink to underage people, citing the fact that the kids wouldn't be drinking if the off-licenses weren't there to sell them the drink, i.e if the off-licenses weren't the 'attraction'?
In short, are you aware that as always, the cops are full of shit?

seriously just get a barred list together for the gigs, i know some people think it's bollox but it worked for gilman street when they found out who was acting the bollox, they even went as far as when one of their patrons assaulted a off licence clerk nearby and robbed booze, the reimbursed the offy too, and barred said guy.

i know it might sound fascistic or see it as elitist bullshit to some people but fuckit its all about self-preservation of 'da scene'

The way I currently look at it, a person can fuck up once, then get another chance. If they fuck up again, they can stay the fuck away from any future gig as they won't get in. Fair enough if you ask me, in my experience if people can't learn from their first mistake, they're never going to learn.

Cormcolash said:
Did you ask the pigs if they will be stopping off-licenses from selling drink to underage people, citing the fact that the kids wouldn't be drinking if the off-licenses weren't there to sell them the drink, i.e if the off-licenses weren't the 'attraction'?
In short, are you aware that as always, the cops are full of shit?

Good man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back