basta! gig -GREYSTONES 23 April 4 - 10pm ...€4 (1 Viewer)

Re: basta! gig -GREYSTONES 23 April 4 - 10pm ...€4

Sorry we had to leave early - and that Ann Arbor could`nt play :(
Hope ye all had a great evening!!

Fuckin good craic it was! I got in for a punk as fuck 80cent.

Operation Energy's cancellation was Dara's fault - I was there rockin hard, while he was off studying, but I got the blame for it - What the fook?

Anyway, I missed Complan, and actually all the bands, but I heard Ghostwood Project from afar - sounded savage!

making ruddy good music, breaking ur mic, running through the crowd screaming the words along, shaking random peoples shoulders, jumping off really high things, doing the best mosh-jig ever and making a deadly circle pit. fucking marvellous, i say

mc moley said:
i missed the complan lads again. i wanna see them boys soon.
ross ya turd ill be in ucd tonight if your up for rocking out or what not!

Den get youer ass to Mars.

total_recall_6.jpg

cops shwoed up at the end and someone threw a handful of pebbles at them from the tennis courts and then legged it off. the cops started trying to blame us for it. First thing they said was "Im gona make sure theres never any gigs in this place ever again". So I went absoloutely nuts at him saying how no matter where the gig was people cud still throw stones at him and asking him why he wanted to stop something over 200 kids were having fun at because 1 person threw stones at him!

He called me over again and started going on about the ruccish on the road and how we'd be fined under the Letter Act and i told him we wouldnt coz we'd clean it up and withing 2 minutes everyoine picked up something and the place was spotless!

he said how it was organised properly. i told him it was. he said the organisers weren't identified. i had a badge saying "organiser" hanging around my neck and showed it to him. he said that was the first one he'd seen. i pulled another 5 out of my pocket. he walked off.

Then last thing i said to him was if the gardai couldnt catch the person who threw stones how could they even expect us to! and then he ssid "I'm not talking to you". so i walked off.

That was it pretty much. Still dont know if they've called the lad who owns the place but we already told him everything that happend and he said it was grand. if they do stop the gigs tho we'll create mayhem outside the cop station and just get shot loads of us and have a protest/street party and make the cops look real bad...

Dylan said:
"Im gona make sure theres never any gigs in this place ever again". - cop

i think from now on you should try and not promote the gigs as much as you do. they're like little discos now to some of the kids who just show up, get pissed, and shift someone.

i think perhaps you should be a bit more exclusive or subtle in the way ya let people know. like posting on forums or telling people you know will respect it to come along. but not put posters up all around bray/greystones and other school/town areas.

i know this sounds elistest and negative as fuck but. if you look what happened in kilcoole......which was: i was doing gigs and kinda quietly spread the word amongst things like punk for it and eircore as well as local friends. i used to get about 80 - 100 kids showing up who were mad interested in it. this went on for about 10 or so gigs. (usually one a month)
then someone a little less subtle used my venue and tons of kids showed up, people got arrested, and there hasnt been a gig in kilcoole since because the venue wont let us.

i dont realy blame the kids involved with puttin on the gig because they were tryin to do something good, but they didnt really know what they were doing and werent able to cope with what happened.

on the other hand with your situation, i know you've had problems with it before out in greystones and will again in the future. and i think its time to scale down the operation to a more local level. (the gigs in the city art centre are able for the big size going to gigs but not in greystones.)

i think if it continues greystones will be a no-go area for gigs and then that'll be the end of it. a local scene ruined by kids who arent even locals. which doesnt make sense.

^ Its a fuckin pity.
Taking a step backwards sucks.
Maybe you should invite the pigs to the next one...
Show them a proper good time..
Get them into the scene...
Then you've got your very own oppression force to scare off troublemakers!

its not the pigs so much as the kids who dont give a fuck. if kids were into it, things would be alright cuz they'd be inside watching the bands, appart from the odd sly can round the back (of course).
but getting outta yer face and runnin around like yer on pcp or something is a different story altogether. it sux.

and ill be damned if there wont be anymore local gigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back