basta! gig -GREYSTONES 23 April 4 - 10pm ...€4 (2 Viewers)

yeh i totally agree that something has to be done about it, it's really really shit that it's got to this stage becuase we could have something great, well we do have something great, but people make it very difficult!

it's completely right that the gigs in this area have gotten like discos for 'alternative' people, half of the people can't be arsed to even go inside, for some reason standing outside seems to be more fun, and this wouldn't be such a big problem if people didn't proceed to get completely off their faces outside and behave like idiots.

it's just really frustrating when something so positive gets ruined by people who don't even know how much it means to people. they don't know how much it takes to find and keep venues. the last thing i'd like to see is people being excluded, but scaling it down a bit and advertising the gigs down here less might work, because the people who really want to go and would be respectful of what's going on would find out about it.

i don't know, it's hard to know how it should be handled but it is a problem and local gigs are too important to just ignore it...

meh, rant over!

yeh there does be alot of little pricks at those gigs acting the bollix.ye might wanna be careful of who yiz give walky talkies and security passes too aswell lads. one kid toled me to get the fuck out of the gig the other day coz i didnt have a basta stamp(when i payed in i was just given an X in black marker) he was about 6, i laughed at him.

Re: basta! gig -GREYSTONES 23 April 4 - 10pm ...€4

I think your scene is being taken over by posers and over sexed teens!

Re: basta! gig -GREYSTONES 23 April 4 - 10pm ...€4

to be honest im really glad yez are all agreeing, i was expecting to be met with an onslaught of abuse for being ageist/elitest/condescending or whatever.....but i think the venue situation is tight as fuck in our area and if we dont do something there wont be one.

kids will still get into music and stuff like this if its in the area, if they really care about it they'll keep an ear to the ground and find out its on. if not they'll just go down the beach and get pissed, it makes no difference to them im sure.

The kids standing around outside thing is pretty common it would seem. In Giro's we used to basically close the doors at all-ages gigs once everyone had paid in. Essentially, once you pay in, you stay inside until the gig's over, if you want to go outside you're not allowed back in. Obviously the kids all yapped like fuck about it, but it worked pretty well really. Then again there was enough room in the place to handle it too. Can't remember if we always kept it like that, but it was a decent system.

Thats a good idea. Say your putting on a gig and when the place fills up just lock them all in! After a few days they'd be getting fairly desperate, it'd make for a great reality tv show.

i dunno. We stopped the dsrink at the last gig. There was none of the usual drunken shennanigans, the hassle was just coz the pigs showed up and someone threw stones at them.

Two lads who are banned weren't let in and that was that. nothing got broken.

pigs wanted a reason to find something wrong with the gig. They were even talking amongst themsleves about throwing me in the back of the car just to "use scare tactics". lyndsay and her ma overheard them.

If they did stop those gigs everyone would go nuts. i mean i we wanted to we cud really create a fuss so i dont see andy immediate threat. its only shit like the 4 march with fights and all that that we need to control and the best way to do that is to have ALL the punks confront the ppl bein dicks and make them fuck off.

the cops just seemed so fucking wary of the whole thing. we got out there early enough and they just seemed to spend the whole day lurking around. its great that kids have this outlet (i know i didn't when i was younger) but not with with john law breathing down yr neck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back