The Usa Is A Monster, Friday March 16, Boom Boom Room, Dublin (1 Viewer)

Buckrake

Branchy Tree presents:

The Usa Is A Monster
(load records, usa)

+Boxes
+Terrordactyl

Friday, March 16
The Boom Boom Room, above Conways, Parnell Street, Dublin

Doors: 9pm, Admission: €8

the USA Is A Monster:
Info and mp3s here: http://www.loadrecords.com/bands/usaisamonster.html
Or here: www.myspace.com/usaisamonster
Load records blurb for ‘Sunset at the End of the Industrial Age’, out September 2006:
The fifth release as a two piece from this Bedford-Stuyvesant, NY duo knows as the USA is A Monster. From when your skinny finger hits , this record roars out of the gates with banshee driven fury. Definitely taking cues from chariot drivers such as Rush, Magma, Lightning Bolt, but blasting into their own regions of otherwordly rockulation.
Whereas the last record was a concept driven epic of over 70+ minutes with frequent rural electricity free moments, this record pulls wheelies around Stonehenge in a little over 45 minutes. The songs are a bit more direct this time out and feature use of Gitmo crowd busters syntho action as well as the patented guitar4 olympiadz the band is famed for on the undie rock railroad.
Boxes:
Boxes is a rock band based in Dublin. Gavin is the singer/bassist, Mark is the drummer. They've been playing since 2002 and have played with Nomeansno, Dinosaur Jr, The Ex, Zu, Noxagt, Circle, Sunburned Hand of the Man and loads of others. Their second album 'Bad Blood' was released in April 2006.
www.boxesmusic.com or www.myspace.com/boxes2piece
Terrordactyl:
Made up of former members of Puget Sound,Kelsey and Apostles... Mick and Lar also play drums and guitar respectively in Adebisi Shank. Lar plays drums in Vimanas also. Owensie plays mandolin in Domhnach Dubh. Jill messes about on melodica and keytar in her room/is part of Porco Dio and GZ Collective.
Recently recorded 4 songs in Eoin from Kidd Blunt's shed in Kilcoole. Two of them are here: www.myspace.com/thedactyls

ah i'd love to go to this but ended up making arrangements to go somewhere else before i heard about it.hope it goes well anyway!usa were great last time.

They are playing a free gig in KILLARNEY in MUSTANG SALLYS this Sunday with News For The Deaf supporting them. If anyone is down here for the Paddy's Day Weekend ye should come along.

I think i saw this band in Barcelona.. if its the same band i'm thinking of - amazing

This them?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
=

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back