Bark Psychosis appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

Hex is a great record, Bought it because someone told me it was like late talk talk, it is in a way but it stands out on its own.... the sound they got is just brilliant....
scum apparently was recorded live in a church in stratford....
another interesting fact is that they were a napalm death covers band as teenagers.

http://www.answers.com/topic/bark-psychosis

labradford's eponymous 1996 effort is just brilliant also.... but yea, mi media naranja wold be my favourite although 'e luxo so' is up there also....

seeing as we're on the subject of BP can we have a show of hearts for Talk Talk's "Spirit of Eden" & "Laughing Stock"?!

Spirit20of20Eden.jpg
talkstock.gif

Isn't the drummer from Talk Talk now recording/playing with Bark Psychosis? I think he is you know.
Yes, Talk Talk are one of the all-time greats.

Anyone like Boymerang? I did...but I'll always have a crush on drum'n'bass and it's mutant offspring.

seeing as we're on the subject of BP can we have a show of hearts for Talk Talk's "Spirit of Eden" & "Laughing Stock"?!

Spirit20of20Eden.jpg
talkstock.gif

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Love those two albums.Mark Hollis solo stuff worth checking out?

The Mark Hollis solo album is a masterpiece. Better than at least two of the Talk Talk albums.
It's still in Tower Records for e9.99. A snip.

The Mark Hollis solo album is a masterpiece. Better than at least two of the Talk Talk albums.
It's still in Tower Records for e9.99. A snip.

controversial:cool:
TT's drummer (or was it bassist?) was the Rustin Man to Beth Gibbon's and he produced the latest James YorKston eplee too. (Think him and Beth hooked up in O:Rang.*)

orang.jpg

*now there's an album I've been trying to get rid of for years!! any takers?)

also not everyone likes late period TT - "Talk Talk was just about the worst thing British New Wave could offer, going from vapid pop dribble to the pretentious, empty tripe of their last few albums. In 1991 when I heard their last album, Laughing Stock, I thought it was a hilarious low point of lifeless sub-ambient art rock and they would never be heard from again. Surprisingly, people started name-dropping them as early "post-rock" pioneers.:eek:

http://www.fastnbulbous.com/orang.htm

Oh not keen on that O.Rang album and I bought the Heliogland album from last year on the recommendation of a Talk Talk nut on another forum. It was godawful. One of the worst records I've ever heard-like Paul Weller jamming in a tin shed. Needless to say I returned it post-haste.

Aye, controversial, fo' sure but I genuinely prefer Mark Hollis to the first two TT albums.

Aye, controversial, fo' sure but I genuinely prefer Mark Hollis to the first two TT albums.

i agree, was listening to the album 'colour of spring' recently and the solo record is alot better than that or any of their pre 'spirit of eden' records ....
'the gift' is splendid...

i go between prefering 'spirit of eden' or 'laughing stock' quite frequently .... my friend once played them back to back as day gradually turned into evening and I spaced out looking at the ocean ..... I love when shit like that happens....

Oh not keen on that O.Rang album and I bought the Heliogland album from last year on the recommendation of a Talk Talk nut on another forum. It was godawful. One of the worst records I've ever heard-like Paul Weller jamming in a tin shed. Needless to say I returned it post-haste.

well as long as you don't genuinely prefer Mark Hollis to the last two TT albums.....:p

some good interviews here...

http://users.cybercity.dk/~bcc11425/Interviews.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back