Bark Psychosis appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

"pendulum man", the final track off "hex" which i first heard when it was used as the soundtrack to the first sketch from chris morris' "jam", is one of my favourite songs ever. absolutely blissful. they apparently started off as a napalm death tribute band...

Hex is an amazing album. Could never work out why it seemed to go unnoticed? I think game over is a kind of compilation of bits and pieces. They released another album after about ten years called codename dustsuker which was ok.

Someone gave me some of their stuff about 2 years ago. I know fuck all about them but love their music.
Particlularly love the track "400 winters"..magic.

La La said:
yeah Hex is brilliant. i love their sound, there's something unexpected about it which i find refreshing :)
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to La La again..|..|

yeah they recorded it on an old church apparently! top album...i had the good fortune to find it twice in secondhand sections over the years:) man, "the loom" and "a street scene" what a killer punch!! and before igor gets on here - the b:side to "a street scene" (reserve shot gunman?) is totally savage!! not too mention the "scum" ep!!! sometimes the shadow of late talk talk hung a little too heavy over them but yeah - good memories...:)

i bought their nothing feels 12" around 1990 or so. was one of my fave records at the time. got that retrospective album last year. deffo worth getting. cool band.

They're really hiding something. Not so sure about the vocals though.

Useless trivia:

The term 'post-rock' was coined by Simon Reynolds in a review he gave of 'Hex' at the time of it's release. Words apparently failed him...

im glad this thread has been bumped :)

and i can see what brian is saying about the labradford similarity - because he kindly sent me a care package stuffed with cd's, some of which were labradford :).|..|

ah, you've got to hear "pendulum man", its on a par with labradford at their best, which is about the highest recommendation possible i could give.

On a par!!!!!! :eek:

Now I like Labradford as much as the next man (unless, clearly, that man is Brian C.) but I think the comparison should run the other way around, someone alter the universe please.

Brian, (or La La) what's your recommendations for Labradford? I've only heard a few albums and I've forgotten the names mostly.

Brian, (or La La) what's your recommendations for Labradford? I've only heard a few albums and I've forgotten the names mostly.

"mi media naranja" is their best, i think. a stunningly beautiful album and one of my favourite albums ever. it should be easily available, i saw it in tower records recently for 9.99. "e luxo so" and "fixed: content" are also excellent, but "...media..." is the best place to start and i think the most wonderful one overall.

On a par!!!!!! :eek:

Now I like Labradford as much as the next man (unless, clearly, that man is Brian C.) but I think the comparison should run the other way around, someone alter the universe please.

yr a bit late jumpin on this thread rogue!!:rolleyes: thought you woulda been on here earlier with the Bark Psychosis lovin!!
reserve shot gunman eh?

p.s. is rogue like igor spelt backwards?

"mi media naranja" is their best, i think. a stunningly beautiful album and one of my favourite albums ever. it should be easily available, i saw it in tower records recently for 9.99. "e luxo so" and "fixed: content" are also excellent, but "...media..." is the best place to start and i think the most wonderful one overall.

Yers, I have Mi Media Naranja and A Stable Reference, lovely stuff altogether but I wouldn't trade it for Hex anyday.

charles bouquet said:
yr a bit late jumpin on this thread rogue!!:rolleyes: thought you woulda been on here earlier with the Bark Psychosis lovin!!
reserve shot gunman eh?

p.s. is rogue like igor spelt backwards?

I popped in earlier somewhere didn't I?....
Reserve shot is fantastic track, must dig that out..|..|

Rogi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back